Scandal 40 - In which the princess bears the cross

Scandal 40 – In which the princess bears the cross

“So let me get this straight you blew off your lunch with the president just to see me and inform me that you’ll be having the treatments that I’ve been pushing but only after three months?” Dr. Keith Torres asked, looking at her skeptically as he tapped the pen on the chart.

Cassandra smiled, “That’s about it.”

He frowned, “Why three months?”

“I need to spend time with my husband.” She said, when James had asked her for three months, she knew right that instant that she was going to say yes not because she thought that after three months everything would be fixed. No. It was all because they both needed a good memory to remember by in the years of their marriage.

It would seem unfair especially when James would hope that she would not leave him after three months but she was leaving no matter how beautiful the three months would go by because she and James would never work.

They’ve hurt too much. All they needed from each other was closure and she was going to give it to herself and to James. And there was the fact that she was sick. He’d be devastated and after hearing everything he told her, she knew she couldn’t let him know about her illness.

“Why?” that was Anya, she was sitting at the sofa in Dr. Torres’s office with her arms crossed over her chest looking at her with disbelief in her eyes. “Sabi mo gusto mo ng divorce at sinabi ko rin sayo na matutulungan kita. So why do you want to spend three months with him?”

She shrugged, “He’s my husband. Kung iiwananan ko man si James, gusto ko naman na may magandang memorya kami. And we need closure.”

Dr. Torres and Anya sighed and Dr. Torres nodded, “Okay. Pero kailangan mo munang magpa-blood test ulit at magpa-scan. We need to see kung effective ba yung anti-cancer meds mo.”

***

Pagkatapos nila sa hospital ay nagpunta na sila ni Anya sa mansyon ni Anton para kausapin yung divorce lawyer na kinuha pa ni Anya mula sa LA. Pagkarating nila sa mansyon ay sinabi ng isa sa mga kasambahay na nasa den si Loren Hart.

Nagpahanda ng tsaa si Cassandra at nagpunta na sila ni Anya sa den, pagkapasok nila ay tumayo si Loren Hart at binati sila nito.

Umupo na rin sila at nagsimula ng magsalita si Loren Hart. Kilala si Loren Hart sa LA dahil marami itong client na mga artista, he was known as a shark. His reputation preceded him.

“I read your pre-nuptial agreement Cassandra and it seems an unfair agreement for you.” Loren Hart said scanning the pre-nuptial agreement, “You get nothing you can’t  even retain your title.”

She only nodded because it was true, she won't get a cent if she divorced James.