Scandal 35 - In which the wife asks for divorce

Scandal 35 – In which the wife asks for divorce

Cassandra wore a black Alexander McQueen gown with the emerald necklace to go with it. She was feeling exhausted, she knew though that she must carry on, this was her big night. The world would know that she was Pen Carmichael.

But her body longed for the bed, her eyes longed to close and her body just wanted to rest. Her body was weakening her down, she sensed that even walking would be difficult especially since she was wearing killer heels.

She fell back on the chaise and closed her eyes, just five minutes. Yes, five minutes would help surely. With that thought, her mind drifted off into the abyss of dreams.

***

James pulled away, rested his forehead against her, his eyes shut tight, “Don’t tell me to leave. I don’t have the will to do it, so if you truly don’t want me to kiss you again then you go ahead and turn your back on me and walk away.” and he told her.

Cassandra didn’t know what she was doing exactly, what they were actually doing. Why did James kiss her? And why did she respond again? Did she have it in her to pull away from him? Did she want him to leave her alone?

The answer was simple. No. She wanted James more than anything in the world. Wanted him like he was her air. She knew it was wrong especially since he was Hunter’s brother. God, Hunter.

She shook her head mentally, she’d deal with the consequences later but for now, she wanted to feel James’ warmth against her, to feel his lips crashing down on hers like she was his lifeline.

“I want you James.”

James opened his eyes, gazing at her intently as if searching for one doubt in her eyes, he’d never find doubt in her eyes because right here in this moment, all she could feel was how right this was. “If I kiss you again, Cassie there’s no turning back. Hell, I’m not going to stop.”

She smiled at him, “Who says about stopping?”

He chuckled then crashed his lips with hers, lifted her and carried her to the bed.

And the rest was history…

Cassandra awoke feeling like someone was watching, she didn’t want to open her eyes, she felt tired. And sore. Last night was magical and so perfect.

“Cass.”

She knew that voice, so she opened her eyes immediately and there at the threshold was Hunter looking aghast at her, she sat up covered herself with the duvet, walked toward Hunter. “Hunter…” she called.

Hunter shook his head frantically stepping out and walking to the living room, she followed him. He raked his hands over his hair and cursed. He looked at Cassandra again, “Is… this…” he stammered.