Scandal 15 - In which both wife and princess escape town

Scandal 15 – In which both wife and princess escape town

“Oh. My. God.” Anya exclaimed as soon as she finished reading the tabloid, it was a piece of trash, she reminded herself but the tabloid’s story held a truth in it. She looked at Mila who was also shaken by the tabloid’s story.  “Has the Palace called yet?” she asked.

Mila shook her head. “But we’re expecting a call anytime now.”

Anya sighed and looked again at the tabloid, God, after she told her mother about Princess Natsya’s engagement she had expected her mother to warn Andrei about it. God now their family was again in the Russian tabloids.

The whole great Petrovna family was once again tainted by scandals. They were once again, the social climbing family. It wasn’t enough that the tabloids reminded everyone how low the Petrovna clan had sunk when it married some foreigner instead of doing its duty and marry some Russian chit. No, the head of the Petrovna clan married another and to everyone in Petersburg society’s horror an Asian foreigner.

The Russian society never warmed up to them after her father married her mother. She knew her mother wanted great things for her children; she wanted the glitz and glamour of the Royal life for the both of her children. That was why Amelia Petrovna spent her lifetime finding princes for Anya to marry and for Andrei it was most difficult.

Right after the news of Anya’s engagement to the Crown Prince of Denmark, the Russian tabloids printed news of the Petrovna clan as a whole family that consists of social climbers. Of course, Amelia Petrovna had never made it a secret that she only ever wanted a prince for Anya.

Other European tabloids followed the news and it was excruciating. It was hard. But Roderick stood at her side at that time, it was like them against the world. Everybody in Europe believed she didn’t care for her fiancé but she did. She loved him even when there was still a part of her heart that belonged to Anton. Roderick didn’t leave her even when some of the royal family had suggested he did, telling him that she was merely marrying him for his crown. Roderick knew it was her dream, that a part of her only agreed on marrying him for his crown but he loved her nonetheless.

But now, Roderick wasn’t anywhere near her, no one would comfort her now. He was in Denmark and she was here in the Philippines and her family was being mocked and looked down by the Russian society once again.

She threw the tabloid against the sofa in an unladylike fashion. She rose from her seat and walked over the window, she looked down and saw there were reporters outside the consulate.

Oh. God. Of course, the Russian tabloid would follow here. The Petrovna had made their way in this society right after her father’s marriage to Amelia Sandoval, the heiress to one of the biggest pineapple plantation in the country that time. So of course, the Filipino media would care about it after all Anya was a princess. Everything she did would always be watched.

She couldn’t go out if the media would just follow her. And she would be stir-crazy if she remained holed up inside the consulate for days. She smiled when she thought of what Anton offered her a while ago.

A villa in the South, a beachside villa with a entire wall to prevent onlookers and trespassers. He said they could go there and unwind. She said she’d think about it but now it seemed a good idea.