Scandal 41 - In which the husband takes the wife to a date

Scandal 41 – In which the husband takes the wife to a date

Cassandra entered the house with her shoulders sagged, she didn’t know why but she was kind of feeling sorry for Anya. She understood. Anya had a duty to perform. She wasn’t just a princess, she was also a wife and mother.

There was no doubt that if she chose Anton, everyone around her would get hurt. Her son might despise her in the future. Her husband’s reputation would be smeared as well as hers and her family.

She felt sorry for Anya but just like what she said, it was Anya’s cross to bear. She had chosen that path nine years ago when she left.

As her head was down she did not see that there was something blocking her way, she tumbled a little and a hand grabbed her wrist to steady her. She lifted her head and her face lit up when she saw James, “James.” She said breathlessly.

James gave her a full smile, his hand slowly sliding down her hand and intertwined his with hers. “I’m home, wife.”

She placed her other hand on his chest, “Welcome home, husband.”

James wasted no time and leaned down to capture her lips. The kiss was achingly slow as if they were getting to know each other’s sync once again. He pulled away just in time with Bert showing up.

“My lord.” Bert greeted him, “My lady.” He greeted her.

They both nodded, “Have the DBS ready, we’ll leave in half an hour.” James instructed without turning his gaze away from hers.

“Yes, my lord.” Bert said and quickly scurried away.

“Where are we going?” she asked, pulling her hand away from him and walking toward the stairs. She needed to take her meds. She gripped the railings as she started to ascend the stairs.

James was following her, “I’m going to take you out on a date.”

They reached the door of her room when James shook his head and nodded toward his door, she shook her head too and turned the knob, “My things are in this room. I’ll sleep in your bed but my things will stay here.”

“Our bed.” He corrected.

She just sighed and entered the room, James closed it as soon as he was inside, he then started toward the connecting door and opened it, “I’ll just take a quick shower.”

She nodded, as soon as James was out of her room, she went to her bed, sat then opened the drawer of her bedside table, she grabbed the medicine box, placed it on the top of her bed and poured herself a glass of water from the pitcher on top of the table.

She opened the medicine box and took all the medicines she needed, popped it all in her mouth and drank the water.