Scandal 22 - In which the actress calls

Scandal 22 – In which the actress calls

Cassandra took of her reading glasses, set the portfolio on top of the desk and raised her eyes to look at Jenny. She pursed her lips and nodded her approval with the dress she was wearing.

“Bakit kailangan ko ulit tong suotin?” Jenny asked, twirling the skirt of her dress unconsciously.

“You need to look presentable. Hindi porket ini-schedule na ng dean yung admission interview mo ay tapos na.” she told her, she got the dean of Lloyd-Adams University to schedule for an interview. Dahil tapos na yung mga entrance exams ay late na si Jenny pero dahil nga naman alumni siya ay binigyan sila ng exception ng dean at pinag-test si Jenny nung araw na iyon din. Pagkatapos ay ini-schedule ng dean yung interview nito para kay Jenny.

It wasn’t over yet, even with the influence and money the Carmichael name could bring it wasn’t enough. After all, Cassandra did anger one of the committee board members before when she dropped out. Professor Weller pulled strings just for her to continue her Master’s degree and the job in Italy and in the end she threw it away.

Maraming beses na siyang tinulungan ng professor dahil nakita nito yung potential niya kaso maraming beses na rin niyang na disappoint ito. Una nung tinanggihan niya yung internship sa Germany, pangalawa naman ay yung sa internship sa LA at yung pinakahuli ay yung sa Italy at yung pag drop out niya sa university.

The professor still held a grudge. And she knew the professor won’t make it easy this time. She saw how Professor Weller looked at her when they were in the admissions office.

“Yeah, alam ko pero bakit ulit ko kailangan sumama?”

Next week was the Annual Lloyd-Adams University Benefit Concert, Cassandra never actually attended one before, and she just donated the checks. This time was different, she needed to show off her sister.

“It’s the place to be especially if you’re going next school year. Lahat ng mga kilalang personalidad ay nandun Jen, you need to make a good impression.” She told Jenny, rose from her chair and walked around the desk, she leaned her behind on the desk, crossed her arms over her chest and looked at Jenny from head to toe. She shook her head. “Kailangan mo ng headband.” She said. “Tomorrow we’ll get you a headband.”

“Ate. Ang dami mo ng binili sa akin.”

She shrugged. “I just want to spoil you Jen. I never had my chance. You’re my sister and you deserve the best. So tomorrow we’ll go to the mall.” She said.

Jenny sighed then smiled at her, nung mga unang araw ni Jenny ay hindi pa sila masyadong close, hindi pa bumabalik yung bond nila pero yung mga sumunod na araw ay unti unting bumabalik yung Jenny na ina-idolize dati si Cassandra. “Thank you Ate.” She said.

***

Pagkatapos pag-aralan ni Cassandra yung portfolio para sa shelter ay umakyat na siya papunta sa kwarto niya para ipahinga ang mata niya. Humiga siya sa kama niya at tinakip yung mata niya gamit yung braso niya.