Scandal 29 - In which the fool ends the affair

Scandal 29 – In which the fool ends the affair

Anya stared at the door, Cassandra just left and here Anya was, speechless that Cassandra walked out with the last words. She hadn’t uttered a word the moment she heard Cassandra and sensed her vulnerability.

She thought that she could leave with the final word if she mentioned Angelo and their affair after all, Cassandra could be such a hypocritical bitch.

“Anya.” She spun around and saw Anton leaning on the staircase, he looked sober, she started walking to him, “You should go.” She stopped midway and stared at Anton and that was when she saw his eyes. He was pissed. At her. “I love you Anya, I really do. I’d probably do anything you ask but there’s a line you see. Cassandra’s my best friend and I don’t ever want to see her hurt.”

Her jaw almost dropped, she couldn’t believe what she was hearing, “You’re actually siding with her?” she sputtered.

Anton nodded, “She’s my best friend.” He said then looked past her, “Alicia, schedule all the meetings that I missed for the last week for tomorrow. Then set up a call with Ingrid in half an hour.” He told Alicia. “Go Anya. We both know this isn’t the place you want to be.” He turned and started walking away.  

“Why are you so angry with me?” she cried in frustration. “She insulted me! What was I to do? Let her continue thinking she’s so high and mighty when she had an affair too! So why are you siding with her?”

Anton turned and faced her, his eyes were cold and distant with a flash of anger. “Because you hurt my best friend!”

Anya stilled, she was shocked to say the least, Anton who once told her that Anya and Cassandra were equal to him, that given a choice he’d choose both. Now, Anya realized he had lied, in the end even if he loved her, he would choose his best friend.

“Lahat ng sinabi ni Cass kanina ay totoo Anya. Sa narinig ko ngayon gabi, na-realize ko na hindi na talaga kita kilala Anya. The Anya that I loved would never use the things that I told you in confidence to win your battles.”

Anton had been the one who put the pieces of the puzzle that was Cassandra and Angelo together. She just knew that Angelo had slept with Cassandra sometime ago but she didn’t know to what extent so she asked Anton about it and Anton being so in love with her trusted her with the affair.

“I guess you never really knew me at all. Because I do that all the time.” She said, why would she not use the information she collected as ammunition? Not using it would be crazy.

“Yeah I guess, I didn’t.” Anton said. “That’s why it would be best if you leave.” He walked away with Alicia in her tracks.

Watching Anton walked away from her hurt. She didn’t know why but it felt like if she walked away now, this would be the end of them. It felt like Anton was giving up on her. And she didn’t like that at all.