Scandal 2 - In which the husband warns the fool

Scandal 2 – In which the husband warns the fool

Anton Magdayao tore his eyes away from his computer when he heard his secretary’s voice from the intercom. “Sir, nasa line po si Mrs. Carmichael.”

Agad na kinuha ni Anton ang telepono at nilagay ito sa tenga niya. “Hey Cass, nasa bahay ka na ba?” tanong niya dito. Cassandra had asked him for help and being the best friend that he was, he agreed. He allowed her to stay in his house under his protection.

Napansin ni James na kakagaling lang sa pag-iyak ni Cassandra dahil sa boses nito. “I failed.” Of course, she did. James would never let her go.

“Kahit pa sinabi mong buntis ka?” tanong niya dito. “At ako ang ama?” dagdag pa niya.

“He said he’s consider it as his.”

Nagbuntong hininga si James dahil hindi na niya alam kung paano tutulungan si Cassandra. Ilang beses na bang sinubukan ni Cassandra na makalaya kay James pero sa huli ay umuuwi parin ito kasama si James. But Anton knew Cassandra was desperate to leave James more than ever. He just didn’t know why the desperation. “Anong gagawin mo ngayon?”

“James wouldn't know how to handle a grieving woman.” Cassandra said. “So I plan to have a miscarriage.”

“How are you going to plan your miscarriage?” he asked. Cassandra wasn’t pregnant, she came up with the idea of being pregnant with his child when they were out of ideas on how to make her husband leave her.

She knew it would infuriate the man to know that his wife slept with the enemy. James hated him so. Of course, James would hate him, that man was a snub. He grew up having everything in the world and men like Anton would never be fast friends with men like James.

“Easy, I fell on the staircase.”

“No, that won’t do. You’d hurt yourself.” Anton said. He loved Cassandra and he would not allow her to hurt herself even if it meant that she would be leaving her husband. That would not do.

“It’s the only way Anton. Pinakamadali. I’ll let James get use to the idea of me being pregnant, no doubt it would bring some darker memories. Then I’d plead and with guilt eating him alive then he’d let me go.” Cassandra had it already planned out. Ngayon lang talaga naintindihan ni Anton na gagawin ni Cassandra ang lahat para lang makalaya. She’d even use the past.

“So what do you want me to do?” he asked.

“Well… you need to pay off the doctors and nurses to play the part. We both know I have nothing.” Cassandra said. Gustong sabihin ni Anton kay Cassandra na may pera ito, na nang nagsimula na si Anton ay sinugurado niya na kalahati ng pera niya ay nakatago para kay Cassandra. Haggang ngayon ay may pera parin na nalalagay sa account na ginawa niya para dito. It became part of the routine. Hindi nga lang alam ni Cassandra ito.