Scandal 43 - In which the fool acquires a fiancée

Scandal 43 – In which the fool acquires a fiancée

There were whispers and stares the moment Anton and Ingrid walked inside the ballroom, Ingrid tightened her hold in his arm, Anton placed his other hand to her hand and squeezed it for encouragement and together they kept their head high and walked straight toward the man they were here to meet no matter what.

Alam ni Anton na hindi siya dapat pumunta sa event na ito lalo’t na na nandito si Anya, yung huling beses silang nasa iisang event sila ay dumami na ulit yung chismis tungkol sa kanila. Alam niya na lahat ng bulong-bulungan ng mga tao ngayon ay dahil dumating na siya at nandito si Anya. Hindi naman talaga dapat pupunta si Anton dito dahil hindi parin niya alam kung anong gagawin sa oras na magkita sila ni Anya ulit.

Sure, he heard Anya that day when he found her with Cassandra in his house, he heard them and somehow he even felt encouraged that there was still a chance for him and Anya. But he heard her. Could he even be that selfish, that heartless to let her choose him when that would destroy other’s lives?

And he still didn't know if he could still fight for her and be with her. Anya, she was… she could bring the worst in him. She was a tornado and he didn’t know if he could handle another tornado coming his way. He didn’t like the man that he was when he was with Anya. That was why he wasn’t sure of what to say to her anymore.

When they were in front the man, Ingrid pried her hand away from his arm, stepped closer to the man and kissed his cheeks. She stepped away and brought her hand back to his arm, “Dad.” She greeted.

“Ingrid.” Leonard Lowe greeted his daughter then turned his gaze to Anton, “Mr. Magdayao.”

“Sir.” Anton greeted, “Welcome to the Philippines.”

“What brings you here exactly dad?” Ingrid cut to the chase, Anton had to smile at that but he refrain.

Leonard Lowe brought the rim of the champagne glass to his lips and smiled, “Your sister’s engagement.”

Both of them gawked at Leonard Lowe, “What?” Ingrid said keeping her voice hushed.

“David Grey.” That was all Leonard Lowe needed to say because it was clear as day.

“I’m sorry to disappoint you with your plan to expand your business but she’s engaged.” Ingrid said, Leonard Lowe just raised his eyebrow as if not believing her, “With Anton.”

Anton had to fight the surprise because he knew what Ingrid was trying to do, so he needed to play along, “We came here tonight to tell you about my engagement.” He supplied.

Instead of being miffed with the sudden turn of events, Leonard Lowe just smiled, “Well then, I say congratulations are in order.” He said then clapped his hands to get everyone’s attention, “Good evening, I’m pleased to announce to all of you the engagement of my daughter, Olivia Lockhart to Anton Magdayao.”