Scandal 20 - In which the princess waits for the fool

Scandal 20 – In which the princess waits for the fool

Anya watched as Mila spoke over the phone with the Danish ambassador, a few minutes ago, Ambassador Arnold Schmidt called and it had been a while since that phone call. It seemed a very long conversation. No doubt it was about her being away for so long.

Hmmph. Where were they when the scandal of her brother broke? The Palace didn’t even call to ask her situation so excuse her if she felt a little bitter.

Minutes later, Mila hung up, placed her phone over the end table and turn to look at her. Anya raised her eyebrow, “Well, what?” she prompted.

“The Palace wants you to stay hidden, your highness. European medias are here in the Philippines and are looking for you. The consulate is surrounded by the media.” Mila explained.

“So we stay here until the news break down?” that was good. She didn’t want to go back to town with medias swarming in.

“If you’ll permit, your highness, I will go back to town to help with damage control.” Mila suggested.

Anya furrowed her brows. Leave her here alone? How could she go on? She didn’t know anything in the kitchen. Then she realized something, if Mila leave with Claudia then she’d be truly alone and no Royal Protocols to dictate her even in the bathroom.

Oh and Anton! She can call Anton and they could stay here until the news died.

She smiled sweetly at Mila—too sweetly“It’s fine. Take Claudia with you.” she said, Mila’s eyes widen in surprise. “I’ll be okay.”

Mila opened her mouth to say something then closed it again. She sighed in defeat. “Please be advised to behave accordingly, your highness. There’s a lot of press waiting for the next big scoop.”

Anya smirked. Of course, Mila knew what she would be doing once they left her alone. And as one of her ladies-in-waiting she’d turn a blind eye after reminding her to still behave as a princess should.

“Of course. Now go and pack.” She shooed her, waving her hand dismissingly and pretended to go read the magazine she’d been holding. She heard another exasperated sigh and then the footsteps telling her she was alone.

Once she was alone, she pulled out her phone and dialed Anton’s number. “Hi.” She greeted as he answered.

“Hi.” Anton greeted back, his voice confused and surprised.

She smiled at herself. “Is the summit over yet?” she asked.

“Tomorrow’s the last day, why?” he asked.

“Well… you see I’ll be alone in the villa and I want you to be here with me. Did I mention I’m completely alone. We’re going to be alone.”