Scandal 34 - In which they fly to Chicago

Scandal 34 – In which they fly to Chicago

“Look at you!” Cassandra exclaimed as soon as she saw her best friend, Clara Dela Merced with the bump on her stomach she was huge! But she still the Clara Dela Merced. Her best friend looked beautiful pregnant.

Clara grinned widely as she opened her arms for Cassandra, she went willingly, carefully hugging Clara, she wanted to squeeze Clara but with the big bump, she couldn’t even if she tried.

When Clara pulled away, she smiled again and glanced at her side then back to Cassandra, “Cass this is Aiden Spence.” She introduced.

Cassandra followed Clara’s glance, smiled warmly at the man beside Clara, “It’s a pleasure meeting you.”, and offered her hand.

Aiden Spence took her hand and shook it, “The pleasure is mine.” he said, he looked warily around them, there had been reporters hanging around. “Maybe we should go.”

Cassandra glanced and there, reporters were swarming around waiting for the next big scoop, Anya’s detail has spotted them and they whisked Anya away undetectably. Anya suggested she came with them but she was expecting Clara waiting for her. So she stuck around.

Now maybe it was a wrong move, after all not only that it was the American reporters or European but also there had been the Filipino reporters around the airport. And she was with Clara!

She nodded, “You’re right, let’s go.” She said, placed back her sunglasses on and watched as Aiden put his arms on Clara as he escorted her to the car, she was feeling awed.

Aiden Spence was different. He was a gentleman through and through. Cassandra knew she didn’t need to worry about Clara anymore, she was in good hands.

She followed them to the car and hopped inside the backseat.  She and Clara chatted while they drove to Clara’s new home at Highland Park. As soon as they reached Clara’s house, she gasped in surprise.

The house was huge. Even for Clara who was living alone. It was a monstrosity of a house, Clara explained to her while they were entering the house that Ian bought it for her and she fell in love instantly.

The moment she stepped on the foyer, Cassandra suddenly understood why Clara fell in love instantly, she felt the calm the house could bring. It was homely and so perfect. She envied Clara, envied that Clara found a home in this monstrosity whereas Cassandra never felt home in the huge estates she lived on. Those estates had always been a strange place for her, especially at the Rosslyn Hall.

“Wow. Just wow.” She muttered softly, she looked at Clara, “Na-decorate mo na ba yung nursery?” she asked.

Clara bobbed her head excitedly, “I’ll show you.” and dragged Cassandra to the nursery.

Inside the nursery, the wall was painted in light blue with murals of the sea and pirates, there was a rocking chair near the window, and stuff animals were gently put together at the corner. “It’s beautiful.”