Scandal 50 - In which the princess is home

Scandal 50 – In which the princess is home

As the plane landed on the tarmac, Anya gazed by the window, she watched as the royal guards waited for the plane to land safely before they marched up and welcome her back home.

Home.

Somehow, Denmark had always been a home for her, even when she was still trying to get the ropes of the place and how to really managed being the fiancée of the crown prince. It always felt home. No matter what.

While Philippines was the home she’d always known she had, Denmark was the home she never knew she’d find.

And that was why she finally realized then that she really made the right decision by marrying Roderick because the first time she ever set foot in Denmark, she felt she was home.

Now she realized why she really knew Roderick was the right choice.

It was because Roderick had always felt like home. He had always made her feel like she could always come to him and he’d always be there. Sure Anton made her feel that way also but it was too different.

Her eyes widened as the sight of Roderick came into view, he was standing there and staring at the plane.

As the planed landed safely, the door opened, she rose from her seat and walked toward the door, outside the plane, she held on to the railings as she descended down the plane.

She watched as Roderick walked toward her. She stopped when she reached the bottom and when Roderick was in front of her, suddenly she was in his arms. He was embracing her so tight.

This was why it was so different. Because it was more intense, more real to be honest. And maybe just maybe because Anya knew that while Anton may made her feel home with him it always had conditions. And with Roderick, she knew there weren’t any conditions.

She knew he’d lay the world at her feet. Would bring her the moon if she asked.

“I’m so glad you’re safe.” He pulled her away and placed his hands on her waist. He opened his mouth to say something but then stopped.

Her brow furrowed, what was he wanted to say, she was about to ask when she saw Alexi running toward her while his nannies and security details were running behind him. She smiled, she knelt down and caught Alexi in her arms.

She stood up and twirled Alexi, he laughed and her heart fluttered by the sound of it, how she missed his laughs, how she missed him so.

“Mommy, you’re back!” Alexi pulled away and stared at her with his smile so wide that it really made her so damn happy.

She kissed the tip of his nose and smiled at him, “I’m home, baby.”

“I built my castle, mommy!” Alexi announced.

She raised her brow, “Did you? Will mommy have a place in your castle?”