Scandal 44 - In which the princess fights for the fool

Scandal 44 – In which the princess fights for the fool

Anya’s breath hitched, her hand on her chest suddenly nervous of what Anton would answer Ingrid Lowe. She knew eavesdropping was impolite and that sometimes it could hurt.

She just couldn’t help herself. Even when she was already hurting from what all that she overheard tonight. She hadn’t meant to eavesdrop, she saw Anton going to the private lounge and she needed to talk to him, let him explain. Explain what, she didn’t know. All she knew was they needed to talk.

So she followed him, just as she was entering the lounge, she heard her mother so she paused and listened to them. She really hated her mom for meddling into her business but that was Amelia Petrovna so all Anya could do was listen.

She didn’t want to listen anymore then, she was hurting because of what her mother was accusing of Anton. A part of her admitted that she was right. Anton hated the world they now lived in, he hadn’t liked it when she had to go to social gatherings without him before. So maybe her mother was right, Anton was afraid of losing her.

If that was just what he was afraid of then what if he confided in her about his fears and maybe she could have helped him ease into this world. Maybe then she wouldn’t had to leave him.

What if he wasn’t too selfish then? Too afraid?

When Amelia Petrovna exited the room and saw her with her back pressed on the wall, her mother just raised her eyebrow and walked away. Ingrid Lowe hadn’t noticed her when the woman burst inside the room.

So now here she was waiting for what Anton’s answer.

“Ingrid… hindi ko kailangan mamili sa kanila. Isa sa kanila ay yung kahapon at yung isa ay yung bukas ko. Parehas na mahalaga pero sa huli hindi naman natin kailangan mamili dahil kahit anong mangyari hindi na babalik yung kahapon at dadating naman yung bukas.”

Her hand fell on her side and a single tear fell on her cheek. Anton chose. And it wasn’t Anya.

It hurt.

Was this the way Anton felt when she chose Roderick over and over again? If yes, then, she really had hurt Anton so much no wonder he won’t chose her now.

Why was she even hurting that Anton chose another? When she would do so too? When even if he chose her she wouldn't even choose him.

She really was such a greedy woman.

“Sometimes, people still choose yesterday rather than tomorrow Anton.”

“Yeah but who are we fooling? Those people who chose yesterday, they were just living up with the memory of yesterday to ease the pain but as soon as the pain became bearable they awaited tomorrow. In the end, Ingrid… everyone is moving forward, moving towards tomorrow.”

She didn’t want to hear anything anymore so she turned and started walking away. As she walked away she barely noticed the people eyeing her as she walked out of the hotel.