Scandal 62 - In which the husband visits his in-laws

Scandal 62 – In which the husband visits his in-laws

James drove to the backwater town Cassandra grew up, he was itching to go back to Cassandra’s side but he needed to do this. Most bone marrow donors were siblings and Cassandra had three.

Cassandra didn’t know where he was, no doubt, she’d tell him not to. But the doctors said, the transplant would help, they needed to do the transplant so they could remove the tumor.

He turned the engine off when he reached the shabby cottage Cassandra’s family lived. As soon as he was out of the car, his in laws were already by their wooden gate, both parents were glaring at him, Jenny was looking at him with confusion and the two little girls were wondering who he was.

He walked toward them, took his sunglasses off and then met the glaring gaze of his father in law, “By your expression, I assume you already know who I am.”

“Anong ginagawa mo dito?” His father in law asked.

“Kailangan kong isama yung mga kapatid ni Cassandra sa Denmark.” He told him, “Kailangan ni Cassandra ng donor. May leukemia si Cassandra.”

He noticed how Cassandra’s mother blanched, her father though, it was as if he didn’t hear him, “At sa tingin mo papayag kami na tulungan siya? Nag-aksaya ka lang ng oras kung sa tingin mo papayag kami.”

He reeled in anger, how could this cold man be Cassandra’s father? He just told them she had leukemia and still… “Anak mo si Cassandra.”

“Patay na ang anak ko. Ayan ang karma niya dahil sa mga ginawa niyang mali noon.”

“Anong klase kang magulang at hahayaan mo lang ang sarili mong anak na mamatay.” He gripped tighter to the sunglasses in his hands.

“Wala akong anak. Umalis ka na dito. Wala kang makukuhang tulong dito. At sabihin mo kay Cassandra, ngayon anong silbi ng lahat ng yaman kung ang Diyos na ang nagdesisyon?”

He was so angry, so mad that he really needed to leave but before he left he wanted to say something, “You don't deserve Cassandra. Never did. You may rot in hell for all the pains you caused her. Wala kayong mga kwentang magulang. Mas pinipili niyo pa ang mga baluktot niyong paniniwala kaysa sa anak niyo. Cassandra, she’s a brilliant woman and she grew up so perfectly well no thanks to you.” he said as he was turning away he saw how her mother visibly paled, he could see the indecision in her eyes.

He realized that even a self-righteous mother would still care about her child. But he could see that she wasn’t going to do anything, she was choosing her husband.

“Kuya James.” Jenny called as he was about to enter his car, she ran toward him, “Sasama ako.”

“Jenny.” Her father bellowed. “Bumalik ka dito.”