Scandal 21 - In which the wife has an unexpected visitor

Scandal 21 – In which the wife has an unexpected visitor

Pinagmasdan ng mabuti ni Cassandra yung crystal vase na puno ng mga rosas na kinuha niya mula sa greenhouse, hindi niya alam kung babagay ba ito para sa dinner party mamayang gabi.

The roses looked great, she knew that but she wanted perfection. Though it was just a simple dinner with some of James business partners, she still wanted to impress.

She heard the door opened and thinking it was Mrs. Hughes bringing other crystal vases that she asked for she inquired the old woman’s say about the vase. “What do you think, Mrs. Hughes?”

“Ma’am, you have a visitor. She claims to be your sister.”

 She turned around surprised. Sister? Si Jenny? Pero bakit naman nandito si Jenny? May nangyari ba sa parents nila o sa kambal. “Send her in. And please bring tea.” she instructed.

Pagkalabas ni Mrs. Hughes ay agad niyang tinignan ang sarili niya sa salamin. She took of her apron and placed it on the desk.

The door opened, Bert came in and announced her sister. He motioned the footman to bring the tea inside and then when done, he bowed and closed the room.

Cassandra looked at Jenny, her clothes looked old and suddenly she realized it was her hand-me-downs. She felt guilty then, here she was living in lap of luxury while her sisters were wearing her old clothes.

Then she realized, it wasn’t her fault. No, not at all. She tried. She tried to be there again but her self-righteous parents just wouldn’t let her.

“Please sit.” She motioned the couch. She sat across and just stared at her sister, she was a full-grown teenager, they didn’t look the same, Jenny got more of her looks from their father’s side of the family, while Cassandra had blue eyes, Jenny had muddy brown eyes. Jenny was tan while she was pale.

“So anong ginagawa mo dito? Alam ba nila nanay at tatay na nandito ka?” tanong niya sa kapatid.

Jenny looked at her, Cassandra noticed her eyes, she looked tired. As if she haven’t slept. She shook her head no. “Alam nila nasa kabilang bayan ako kinakausap yung bibili ng baboy.”

She poured herself a cup of tea then offered Jenny who shook her head. She took a sip then sighed. “Anong ginagawa mo dito Jenny?”

Jenny avoided her gaze and looked around the room. She took a deep breath and then glanced at Cassandra, opened her mouth to answer. “Ate...”

Nagbukas yung pinto at pumasok si James na hawak hawak yung dalawang tie. “Cassie what do you think? The blue or the burgundy?” he asked looking at the ties then he looked around and furrowed his brows when he noticed her sister.

Napatayo agad si Cassandra nang nakita niya ang mukha ni James, it was the cold bastard and not the outgoing person James could be when he wanted to. “James.” She warned.