Scandal 14 - In which the wife miscarries

Scandal 14 – In which the wife miscarries

James was worried sick, no, he wasn’t just worried he was scared to death. Cassandra was… he couldn’t describe what she meant to him for there was no words to describe it, there never was. It simply just so simple, she was his and he was hers.

He held her hands as the ambulance drove away from the estate. The paramedics were checking her vitals and then he heard gasped. He opened his eyes and looked at the wryly glances of the two paramedics at him.

He frowned and then followed the eyes of the two and that was when he saw the bruises. Oh God. Where did that come from? What happened to Cassandra, to his wife? Did someone hurt her?

He gently touched her arms afraid that he might hurt her there were so many bruises. He closed his eyes suddenly afraid of the accusation that he would definitely see at the two paramedics but he didn’t do it. He could never hurt her like that.

Could this be the works of Anton? No. Even if he didn’t like the blackguard he was still Cassandra’s best friend and Anton always cared for his wife. There must be someone else. And if he ever found out who, that man is a dead man.

***

Several hours after Cassandra was brought to the hospital the doctors who operated on her came looking for James at the waiting room. James stood immediately. “How’s my wife? The baby?” he asked.

Dr. Aguilar shook her head apologetically. “I’m sorry Mr. Carmichael but due to the fall, the baby didn’t make it. Mrs. Carmichael had a head concussion but should be fine in a matter of days.”

James sighed in relief but then he remembered they lost the baby. There was a baby and again it died on them. Cassandra was fine but there was no baby. The baby didn’t make it.

“Mr. Carmichael, I would like to draw up some tests for Mrs. Carmichael.” Dr. Aguilar said.

He looked up to her, his brow furrowed. “Is there something wrong with my wife?” he asked.

“There were the bruises, it’s all over her body Mr. Carmichael.”

His eyes widened there was more bruises? Where the hell did that come from? “Okay.” He just said, he didn’t know what else to say. “Can I see my wife?”

James walked to the private room where Cassandra was, he opened the door and saw her still resting, he walked to her side and he buried his face to her chest, crying for her and for their lost baby.

He didn’t know how to tell her about the baby. He didn’t know what to do.

He felt Cassandra stirred so he raised her head and saw her eyes slowly opening. “James?” she called him.

“I’m here. How are you feeling?” he asked.

“A little light headed. What happened?”