Scandal 28 - In which the wife asks the husband to leave

Scandal 28 – In which the wife asks the husband to leave

“Ma’am nandito na po tayo.”

Cassandra opened her eyes and blinked twice before straightening up, she smiled at the driver and opened the door. Inside the house, she noticed that James and Jenny just arrived also, Jenny was by the stairs walking up to her room while James was pacing back and forth at the foyer.

James stopped from pacing the moment he saw Cassandra walking in, “Where have you been?” he asked.

“James, can we please talk tomorrow, I’m really tired.” Cassandra said.

James scowled furiously at her and yelled. “So you could come up with lies to cover up where you’ve been all night?”

“Ate?” Jenny called from the middle of the stairs and she looked worried.

Cassandra looked up to her and smiled slightly. “Rest, Jen. We’ll talk tomorrow.” She said, she didn't know what was with James tonight but she didn’t have the time to deal with him, she was spent and she wanted bed.

She walked past him but he grabbed her wrist and yanked her toward the study, he slammed the door as soon as they were inside, she pulled away “What the hell is wrong with you?” she said, slowly massaging her wrist, it hurt.

James continued to glare at her, “What’s wrong with me? What’s wrong with you?”

She shook her head and tried to walk away when James blocked the door. “James.” She breathe softly, she really didn’t know what had gotten to him and frankly she didn’t care, she had taken care of three drunk men and then had a confrontation or screaming match with a spoiled self-centered princess. She didn’t have time for a fight, James so wanted to have as of the moment.

“Why did you leave earlier?”

She closed her eyes and breathed deeply, “Anton was drunk along with Ralphe and Ian. They were running wild so I needed to go and take care of them.” She explained.

James huffed. “You expect me to believe that you ran off to take care of three drunken men? What a coincidence that the three men who don’t get along got drunk together.”

She glared at him. “Are you calling me a liar?” she looked at him incredulously. “And I never said they were all together!”

“Why don’t you just admit that you were with Angelo fucking Chua? I saw you with him!” he yelled.

And it dawned to her. He thought she was back together with Angelo. He thought that she was cheating on him. That was why he was so angry at her. “I was with Angelo.” She admitted, she noticed him wince. “He drove me to Dark Alley to stop Anton and Ralphe beat Ian. Then he went back to the campus.”