Scandal 31 - In which threats have been issued

Scandal 31 – In which threats have been issued

Anya smiled at the waiter as he set the table with the foods she had ordered, she took off her gloves, scanned the restaurant and sighed. No one was in sight except Mila and Claudia and a few of her security detail.

Mila had called the restaurant last night to reserve the whole restaurant for the whole day, Anya was craving for the waffles the restaurant made and she didn’t want it to be sent to the consulate, she wanted fresh hot waffles along with a freshly brewed coffee.

And she wanted to go out of the consulate and observe the outside world. Apparently, Mila didn’t understood her quite correctly and proceeded to reserve the whole restaurant.

This was one of the things she often loathed and loved about being a princess, the privacy and all that it contained but sometimes even privacy could be overwhelming and you’d need to be surrounded by strangers just not to feel too overwhelmed.

Today, she needed to be around people however that was out of the question especially since there had been threats over the lives of European aristocracy, MI6 had a credible intelligence about the imminent danger of the English peerage, the Spanish had intercepted a communication between the MPs, the Prime Minister and the director of MI6 and thought better. That if the English aristocrats were in fact in danger then who was to say that the other European aristocrats weren’t? So the Spanish alerted all European aristocrats and told them about the “imminent danger” and of course being cautious of their lives and fortunes, everyone heightened their security.

Especially, the monarchs. Anya wasn’t even allowed to be out and about and Her Majesty the Queen wanted her back in the country and guarded inside the palace not here in Philippines but she wasn’t going to fly back to Denmark.

Why would she? She had begged and begged to go back and now that because some stupid intelligence the MI6 intercepted they wanted her back? And the fact that it was the queen who wanted her back and not her husband the prince stung. So she was being stubborn and refused to go.

If anything happens to her then it would be on Roderick’s conscience. If he couldn’t even be bothered to call her directly last night to tell her about the “threat” then she didn’t care.

The queen was not pleased as was Mila. But she did tell Mila if she wanted to go back to Denmark then she was welcomed to leave.

She started cutting her waffles then dropped the fork and knife when she noticed the agitated Mila across from her table, she sighed exasperatedly “For God’s sake Mila, relax. If there was an assassin we would have been death the moment I sat here.”

Mila straightened her posture, “Pardon me your highness if I cannot relax when there’s a real threat to your life.”

She picked maple syrup and poured it on her waffles, “I seem to recall that my name didn’t appear in that intelligence the MI6 got a hold of. No, in fact, it only said that the English were in imminent danger not the Crown Princess of Denmark.”

“Your highness, this kind of intelligence even if it was only referred to the English aristocrats, we don’t just ignore it.” Mila said.