Scandal 10 - In which the husband asks her to stay

Scandal 10 – In which the husband asks her to stay

Nang nakasigurado na si Cassandra na ayos ng iwanan si Anton ay nagpasya na siyang umuwi pero bago siya umuwi ay humingi pa muna siya kay Anton ng isang cheke para ipambayad sa driver niya.

As much as she hated asking Anton for money, she had no choice. She hadn’t exactly had any money in her own bank account. James controlled the money and of course, he’d question where the money went.

Sure she got paid for her paintings but she was saving it and Anton was also the one handling it. She could trust Anton with her money but she knew whenever she asked for money, he was giving her his money, not the savings she had which was fine with her right now because she knew she was going to need a lot of money if the divorce came through.

She remembered her pre-nup. She was getting nothing if the marriage dissolved.

On their way back home she felt dizzy. Her head was throbbing. “Manong paki bilisan.” Utos niya sa driver dahil gusto na niyang huminga sa kama niya at magpahinga. Hinanap niya sa bag niya yung gamot kaso naalala niya na hindi niya ito nadala dahil ibang bag yung gamit niya.

God. How could she be so stupid?

Nang nakarating na sila sa bahay ay agad siyang bumaba at pumasok sa loob. Hindi na niya pinansin pa si Bert na halatang may kailangan sa kanya. Paakyat na siya nang narinig niya ang boses ng asawa.

“Where have you been?” tanong ni James.

Pinikit niya ang mata niya, she couldn’t deal with James right now. “Not now James. Let’s talk tomorrow.” Sabi niya at nagsimula ng umakyat. Binilisan niya ang pag-akyat, pumasok siya sa kwarto niya at nagmadaling pumunta sa night table para kuhain yung gamot niya.

She heard her door closed and she knew James followed her, so she closed her drawer immediately and faced her husband. “I told you James, not now. Can we do the Spanish Inquisition tomorrow?”

James stared at her for a while then scowled. “Are you sick again?” he asked.

“Yes. I have a migraine.” She said, better to tell him the truth so he can leave her be. “So please can you leave? I want to rest.”

James sighed. “Okay. We’ll talk tomorrow.” He said. “We’ll go to the doctor tomorrow.”

“No!” she said quickly. Too quickly that James raised an eyebrow at her but what could she do? Hearing James telling her that they’d go to the doctor was enough to scare her. “I’m fine. It’s just a headache.”

“We will go to the doctor. You’re pregnant. You’re too pale and I think something’s wrong so let’s just go to the doctor.”

There’s something wrong yeah.

Cassandra almost laugh at the irony, James cared for the ‘baby’ she was having and it wasn't even his while he hadn’t cared when for the baby that was his before. “James, why do you care? I’m fine. The baby is fine. No need to go to the doctor and waste precious time.”