Scandal 6 - In which the princess makes an appearance

Scandal 6 – In which the princess makes an appearance

Her Royal Highness, Anya, Crown Princess of Denmark was displeased.

She had grown more and more displease since the fortnight that blasted email was sent to her by the prince’s private secretary. It said that the prince, her husband might come to the Philippines for a week for his Asian leg tour whichever may fit his busy schedule.

Why must her husband torture her so? Why must he confuse her so? If he would come, he should tell her right away and not be coy about it. It was as if, he wanted her to be on high alert.

It was as if he wanted her to be wary of the danger of consorting with another man when he might come and visit her so. She did not fear for it though, it was his fault after all that she was having a torrid affair with her ex. If he did not send her away to this blasted country then she’d never have met Anton again. If he had just listened to her countless begging of him to send her back to Denmark then she would have not succumbed to the torturous what ifs and what could have been with Anton.

For that, she blamed him. She blamed him that she had turned her back to her vows because in some way he had urged her to turn her back. She blamed him and loathed him for not caring at all.

She never wanted to succumbed to Anton’s smoldering presence, she just wanted to come home to her family but Roderick had not permitted her to come back home. It was wrong to blame Roderick for her infidelities, she knew all the fault was on hers. She was the one who gave in.

How could she not? She had loved Anton and she felt that she needed closure with him, they had never seemed to moved on from one another. For even if she loved her husband, a part of her heart was still owned by Anton and she knew that Anton’s heart was still hers.

She needed time with him to bury those what ifs.

She might regret her infidelities later on in life but for now she wanted to savor it, savor her time with Anton for she knew it would not last. Could she even dare leave her lofty position in the world just to be with Anton?

True that there had been hardships with her position but she would never regret the decisions that she had made in agreeing to be Roderick’s princess. Yes, there had been times when she wished for one day to forget everything and just be Anya but it was nothing more than a fanciful wish.

For she didn’t know how to live and be just Anya again. She was Princess Anya, it was the life she knew how to live.

“Your Highness.” Claudia greeted her as she got out of her bedroom and unto the dining suite of her apartment in the Danish consulate.

Anya nodded grimly at her maid, she sat down, picked her cup of tea and sipped a little of it while waiting for Claudia to tell her their schedule for today.

“You are expected to be at the Vice-President house for the luncheon, your highness. And for supper you are to dine with the French ambassador.” Claudia announced.