Scandal 58 - In which the prince has a scandalous affair

Scandal 58 – In which the prince has a scandalous affair

When Anton arrived at Bora Bora he wasted no time. Agad niyang pinuntahan ang bungalow ni Olivia. Kumatok siya at nang binuksan ni Olivia ito, halata ang gulat nito pero agad nitong tinago ang pagkagulat at pumalit ang galit sa kanyang mga mata.

“What are you doing here?”

Hindi na niya hinintay na papasukin siya ni Olivia at pumasok nalang ng kusa, nang nasa loob na siya at tinignan niya si Olivia na isara yung pinto. Pagkatapos ay humarap ito sa kanya at tinignan siya ng masama.

“I want you to leave.”

“Only if you go back with me.” Anton moved to the couch and sat, he was tired so might as well be comfortable. “We have an engagement party to plan after all.” So she should be reminded the fact that they were still engage.

“I don’t seem to remember you proposing.” Olivia said, walked over the French doors and opened the door out the balcony.

“Is that what you want me to do? Be on one knee and ask you?” He asked rising from the couch, slowly moving toward her, “Because I can do that, Liv.”

She turned to him, her eyes full of anger, “I don’t want you to do something you don’t even want!” she snapped, “You don't want to marry me. You don’t even want to be with me.” her eyes softened. “Why are you here, Anton? To torture me so? Because believe me, you’ve done enough.”

He placed the palm of his hand to her face, “I’m sorry for hurting you. I promise I’d make it up to you.”

She stepped back and then rushed toward the bedside table, she took something out of the drawer, walked back to Anton and handed him the engagement box, “I don’t want this.”

“It’s yours.”

“I don’t want it! I don't want to wear something that’s originally hers! I don’t want a secondhand ring!” she cried then she threw it over the sea. She breathed then turned to him again, “I don't want a man who’s in love with someone else. I want a man who will love me and fight for me.”

“You have him.” Anton said, pulling her by the waist, “He just got lost along the way. I’m here now and if you’ll have me, I’ll never stray again.”

“I want to believe you yet I can’t. I don’t want to get hurt again. I don’t want to wonder whether someday you’ll leave me. I don’t want to compete for your heart. I want it to be mine alone.”

“And it’s yours. I know it’s my fault that you don’t believe me so I’ll tell you why I know in my heart that I will never leave you; that you’ll always have my heart.” Anton said, looking into her eyes, “I went to see Anya.” He saw her slowly pulling away but he held her tighter, “Cassandra told me then that I was in love with the idea of loving Anya, that I don’t love Anya anymore. We changed, she said. I didn’t believe her. For me, it was Anya. I’ve waited for her so that would meant that I was in love with her right? So I still went to that party. Anya and I talked. I asked her to choose me but she told me right away it was the prince. She agreed to the affair not because she was still in love with me, it was because she wanted to live with the what ifs. She always wondered what if, what if she chose me nine years ago. She asked, would she truly be happy if she stayed.”