Part 40: Memory

JIMIN'S POV:

"Where do you think you're going?" Chankyung uttered with a sensual look, his voice a little lower than usual, a bottle of Chateau Margaux and 2 wine glasses in hand.

I ran to the house as soon as the show ended and got changed. The party is still on but i cant enjoy and entertain our guests when my conscience is eating me and my heart about to drop out of my chest because im not with Yoongi. Not being with him when he needed me the most.

"To the hospital." I quipped.

I cant even spare Chankyung my attention as i was too busy preparing. I wasnt able to ask when he got here because he was still at the party when i left.

I regret not coming with Jungkook earlier. Through out the show all i can think of is Yoongi's safety. Jin hyung's words kept running on my mind like a broken record and i hated myself for being so tactless.

It wasnt him, it was me. I couldnt accept the fact that he used me, that it wasnt true love. After that dreadful day i promised myself that i would never fall for his games again, that the name Min Yoongi would bare no meaning whatsoever. But no matter how much i force myself into doing so, my heart's only desire is to be with him again. That time Yoongi came to my office in rage, asking me to comeback was the same day the walls i built around my heart begun to crumble. I was too hard on him. I should have listened to my brother and gave Yoongi a second chance.

"Come with me, i planned something special for you." Chankyung deverted.

"I cant. I dont have much time. I'll just call you" I uttered.

I picked my bag up and walked towards the door. As i walked pass him, he vigorously pulled me by the arm making me turn around and face him.

"Why would you go there? Im sure you're not needed." He protested.

"Because i want to. I need to be there." I exclaimed.

"You dont need him, you have me." He exclaimed, cupping my cheeks.

"Im sorry Chnagkyun. It's Yoongi i love. It's always been him." I mumbled as i pushed his hand away.

"But he doesnt love you, he used you. Why are you being so stupid." He scoffed as he slid those hands on my arms , clenching it.

"It doesnt matter. Yes, that's one reason to hate him, but he gave me a thousand other reasons to love him." I mumbled, gaining a loud exhale from Chankyung.

"I knew i shouldn't have left him still breathing." I whispered.

"What?! What did you do to him?!" I screeched, shaking off his clench on my arm.

"I only did that so he'll leave you alone. I did it for you." He retorted.

"Dont even make this about me, Chankyung. We both know you did that for your own benefit. You've always envied him. You just cant accept the fact that he's the better man, better than you'll ever be." I growled.

He then raised his arm, about to slap me when we heard footsteps getting closer.

"What's going on?" I turned around upon hearing a stammering voice from the back. There stood a very clueless Hoseok. I stared at him for a few seconds then run to the door, wiping the tear that fell off my cheek.

I hopped on my car, threw my bag at the back and started the engine. I wasted too much time already. When i arrived at the hospital, i took the elavator to the 13th floor which was where Yoongi's room was.

When the elavator door opened, i spotted Jungkook at the far end of the hallway. He was sitting on the ground, hugging his knees. I rushed towards him, not caring about the other patients and nurses roaming around. Jungkook then raised his head up after hearing the loud footsteps my shoes were making. He stood up and immediately hugged me. His eyes were red and puffy, his voice was shaky.

"H-Hyung. H-He's, Yoongi hyung's g-go-go." He was faltering so much it sounded like he was hesitating.

"What? Speak up?" I exlaimed, not liking how Jungkook is acting. At this time, tears were already forming in my eyes.

"Yoongi hyung.. He's gone."

"No. Tell me you're lying." I huffed. I didnt want to believe what he just said. I dont know why but i was suddenly angry.

"Tell me it's not true." I yelled.

Jungkook bent his head and srated crying. I instantly fell to the ground, knee first. If felt like my heart stopped beating. My cries echoed through out the hallway. Words cant describe how painful and alone i felt.

This is all my fault. If it wasnt for me, he wouldnt suffer and end like this. I was nothing but bad news to him.

I got back up and stood in front of the door to Yoongi's room. I wanted to see him, for the last time.

Beads of cold sweat were forming on my forehead as i placed a grip on the doorknob but didnt pull it down. I was scared. Afraid to see what awaits behind this door. The door squeaked as it opened. Little by little, i had vision of what was inside. Instead of expecting agony from what im about to see, the moarning and sorrowgul cries i heard made me closed my eyes in anguish. Ironically, i was more frightened now than before.

The first thing i saw as i entered was a body lying on a white bed as tne doctor covers his body from head to toe with a white blanket. Jin and Namjoon hyung where standing by the edge of the bed crying silently. I didnt even have to ask, the sorrow and pain on their faces confirmed that my prayers werent answered.

I slowly walked towards the bed. The closer i get, the more difficult it was to breath. I then removed the white blanket covering Yoongi's head. His face was much paler and his lips seemed like there's not a single trace of blood in it. I closed my eyes and begun crying again. I then picked him up and hugged him.

"Babe, please. Please stay with me." I sobbed.

I was losing sanity. I have nothin on my mind but chaos. Why cant i accept the fact that he is gone.

I buried my head on his neck as i hugged him tighter, knowing that this is the last time i'll ever have him in my arms.

"Im sorry. Im sorry for everytime. I'm so sorry." I weeped.

This is the most pain i've ever felt. Tears kept running down my cheeks as if it's bottomless. I would do anything and give everytime i own just to have him back but of course, that would never happen unless i go crazy or g0join him in the after life.

The most beautiful moment of my life just ended. And the man that made that all possible, sadly, will just be a memory. A memory i will never forget.

________________________
ugh. this is so bad, im sorry.

last chapter on sunday:)))