Chapter One

Parker's POV

"Did you hear?"

"They're said to be adorable!"

"How many of them?"

"I heard they're British!"

I slowly closed my locker and put the lock back on. This is all everyone's been talking about for weeks. The new kids. I fixed my orange bag and let it fall onto my arm. I turned away from the dull red lockers and came face to face with Demi.

Out of all days.

"Hey, slut!" she said in her ear piercing voice. High pitched and squeaky.

I looked down at my feet and started to nervously fidget with my fingers.

"Are you gunna talk? Or wimp out again and walk away crying?" She said crossing her spray-tanned arms over her chest. She had the look of amusement written all over her makeup covered face.

"Maybe we can make her pretty so people will actually talk to her. It would take a lot of makeup though." laughed one of Demi's minions, Olivia- or Liv, as Demi calls her.

"Surgery wouldn't even make her pretty, Liv." Sara, the third bitch said flipping her bleach blond hair over her shoulder.

"Girls, girls," Demi said putting her hand on her hips, they both stopped bickering about what would make me pretty and looked at her, "lets have someone decide this for us..."

She smirked and right away I knew something bad was about to happen. Demi looked around and when she smiled, she found whoever she was looking for.

She ran to the right, her heels clicking behind her, and disappeared for about two seconds.

Then I saw and knew what she was doing.

"Jesse!" she said latching onto his arm, "I need you to do something for me."

Jesse is the football captain... and my lifetime crush. He's about 6 feet tall and has black shaggy hair. It never looks calm and always sticks up in every which way. He was very buff and was one of the most intimidating guys at JFK.

Demi stopped walking right in front of me, Sara and Liv right at her sides. She smirked and then looked up at Jesse with a flirtatious look on her face.

I was glued to my locker. My back couldn't go any deeper in, and that aggravated me.

"Jesse," she said batting her eyes, "we were just talking to-" Demi stopped short and looked at me with a dumb expression on her face.

Bitch didn't know my name. After 10 years of bullying, you'd think she would at least know my name.

She quickly recovered, "we were all just talking and Liv brought up a very good question. Will anything- even surgery- make her pretty?"

Jesse looked at me and my heart went awol. It was beating so fast I thought it was going to fly out of my chest. The only thing I could hear was the sound of my heart.

I looked into his eyes and waited for the answer. Suddenly, he made a discussed facial expression and looked away from me.

"Nothing in a million years could make her pretty."

That was the last thing I could take.

Thank God school was over.

I ran away from all of them and out the front doors of the school. I kept running- ignoring the looks from my classmates and underclass men- until I got to my car.

I fumbled with the keys and was silently cursing until I found them at the bottom of my bag.

I threw my bag in the passenger seat and collapsed into the drivers seat. I slammed the door and lead my head on the wheel.

Why me? Why me of all people? Ive been made fun of for years. I never did anything wrong. I never bullied anyone else. I have no clue what I did to deserve this, but apparently I did something.

I slammed the key into the ignition and started to car. I turned on the radio and my favorite song was on.

21 Guns by Green Day. This song is just so perfect and is amazing in general. I started to sing as I made my way home.

"Does the pain weigh out the pride? And you can't get another try. did someone brake your heart inside, your in ruins..."

"One, twenty one guns! lay down your arms! give up the fight! One, twenty one guns! throw up your arms! into the sky! You and I!"

I turned into my block and saw something that made me do a double take.

I slammed on my brakes and sat there opened-mouthed.

The house on the corner... there was a moving truck outside it.