Chapter Seventeen

Harry's POV

Parker went limp in my arms, her beautiful green eyes fluttered close, and she fell silent.

I looked up frantically at Liam, who looked to be deep in thought. He was looking at Park with the 'thinking look' on his face.

"She's overwhelmed." he said after I picked Park up bridal style, being careful with her brace.

"Explain?" I grunted as I made my way upstairs. I kicked my door open and went to my bed. I laid her down on it and covered her with the blanket.

I sat down and grabbed her small hand in mine. I started to rub small circles on her palm and looked at her gorgeous face. Her hair falls perfectly down her back, and frames her face wonderfully. She smells absolutely amazing. I always want mint and strawberries when I'm not by her. She's so sweet and innocent, and she is so smart.

She's just too perfect for a guy like me. A dumb werewolf that has anger issues. She doesn't deserve me. And I don't deserve her.

"Harry?"

Liam put his hand on my shoulder. He sighed and sat next to me on my bed. He looked at me through a sideways glance, but kept his head down.

"How was she overwhelmed, Liam?" I broke the silence.

"Well think of it this way, Harry," Liam said facing me, "she got hurt. Then she came here and Niall was about to hug her. She backed into you and you felt the connection?"

"Yes," I said glancing back at my mate. I still had her hand in mine and continue to rub my thumb over her hand.

"She had to have felt something back." He said looking at Parker.

"I felt like it was... stronger, this time." I said putting my head in the hand that wasn't holding Parker's.

"There's really no way to tell if it was or not," Liam said standing up, "come downstairs when you're ready. We all need to talk."

I nodded and no longer felt his presence. I could here him an the guys talking downstairs. I heard them say Park's name a couple times.

I fixed my gaze back on Parker.

Her long eyelashes stayed not moving, and her gorgeous face was wiped clean of any imperfection. She looked so peaceful sleeping. Just seeing her in my room makes my heart jump.

I closed my eyes and took in her sent. The mint-strawberry overcame my senses and I sighed. I took another breath and I smelt something different.

I stood up, carefully letting go of Park's hand, and walked to the window. My bedroom faces the front yard, so I can see anything that is happening.

I opened the blinds a tiny bit and looked out. I had to use my wolf eyes to see better, but I still couldn't see anything.

I looked around one more time before giving up. I was closing the blinds, when I smelt the weird sent again. I started to get aggravated, so I looked another time.

The first thing I saw were two, glowing, red eyes, staring right back at me.