Chapter Eight

Harry's POV

Liam excused himself from the table and walked off to the corner of the lunchroom.

"Where's he going?" Zayn said narrowing his eyes.

"I don't know and I honestly don't care." I said annoyed.

I really hate school. I can't wait to get out of here. I want to leave so bad. But I can't leave my pack. That's against law.

"Harry, you'll find your mate," Lou said looking at me, "don't worry."

"Don't say that God damn word in front of me! I don't want a mate! I'd rather be alone!" snapped.

Zayn found his mate, Perrie. Louis found his mate, Eleanor. Me, Liam, and Niall were the ones left in our pack. We call ourselves, "One Direction". Because we only go in one direction, never looking back.

(Okay, real quick... I wrote this long before Zayn left *tear*, so no killing me please!)

I felt Liam's presence come closer and closer to us. But I smelt a new sent.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath through my nose.

Mint and... strawberry? Weird combination. But I strangely wanted more.

I took another smell and suddenly it became stronger and my wolf started to whine.

I opened my eyes and looked at the others, but they didn't seem to be shaken up by anything.

Suddenly Liam sat down next to Niall leaving the seat next to me empty. A small girl sat down.

"Boys," Liam said, "this is Parker."

She looked up from her lap and looked at Niall, then Lou, then Zayn. I don't know if she knows I'm here. Her body is facing Liam, so her back is to me.

"Parker," Liam spoke. Parker looked up and her face wonders to Liam, "let me introduce you to the guys."

I looked back up and Niall was smiling at her.

"This," Liam said pointing to Niall, "is Niall."

"Hi!" Niall said waving at Parker like a moron.

"Hey," she whispered. She looked back to Liam.

"The one next to him is Zayn."

"What's up?" Zayn said nodding.

"What?" She chuckled.

"That one next to him is Louis," Liam said taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Hey, love," Louis said smiling, "you can call me Lou."

"Hi Lou," Parker said smiling. Woah, her smile is beautiful.

"And the lad sitting next to you is Harry."

She turned to face me.

Her eyes were the exact same color as mine. I somehow got lost into them and I noticed small things about her.

She had thin eye brows. She also had those really long eyelashes that anyone would die for. I could see she had dimples because there are small indents on her flushed cheeks. She has long, curly brown hair. She had a small face and a small figure, but she had curves in all the right places. I can also see that her eyes shine whenever her heart beats.

My wolf was going crazy. I don't know why, but he wants me to shift into my wolf.

Louis suddenly spoke up, but I kept looking at Parker.

"You guys look like you could be twins!"

Parker looked at Lou and had a strange expression on her face.

My wolf is still going crazy and my nose is tingling from her amazing sent.

"Liam, can I have a word with you." I said when I realized I needed to figure out what was happening.

I got up and turned to the door. I felt Liam behind me but I kept walking.

Once I made it to the bathroom I slammed the door open and made sure no one was in here. When it was safe, I started to talk.

"Why do I feel like this?" I said in a rush.

"Feel like what, mate?" he questioned, clearly confused.

"When I looked at Parker," her name falls perfectly off my tongue, "I felt like I was in another world..."

I knew I probably sounded crazy, but hey, I don't give a fuck.

"Harry," Liam said after moments of silence, "I think she is your mate."

"No."

"Harry-"

"No! I don't want a mate!" I sneered the world. My wolf whined.

"Harry," Liam said trying to calm me down, "She is the only person you will be attracted to. She is your soul mate."

"Bullshit!" I snapped.

I turned and ran out of the bathroom. I ran through the empty hallways and out the doors. When I made enough distance from the school, I shifted.

I ran more until I reached the familiar woods. I kept running until I couldn't continue.

I sat down at a small pond and looked at my reflection.

I'm a fairly big wolf. When I'm on all fours I'm about 6,4. I have my natural hair color for fur and my eyes are a darker version of green.

It's fair to say that all wolfs look like over sized German shepherds.

My wolf self started to yearn for mints and strawberries, but I wouldn't let that make me go back.

"Harry," I heard a voice say from behind me.

I got up and turned to see Liam. He was back in his human form and was panting. Probably from running.

I'm the fastest runner out of the five of us and the beta. Liam is the one who plans everything and the alpha, Zayn is the strongest, Louis is the smart one, and Niall is the aggressive one. He doesn't look like it, but boy, that man can fight.

I shifted back and crossed my arms over my chest. I not going back to that hell no matter what.

"Harold." he said in his alpha tone.

I growled when he said my full name, but slightly bowed my head to him.

"Go back to school. Sixth period had already started." He said turning back to the way school is.

"I'm not her mate." I said quickly.

Liam stopped a second away from shifting.

"You are her mate no matter what," he snapped in alpha tone, "but you can avoid her if that is what you want to do. I won't force you to be with her. Not yet anyway."

I shifted and so did Liam. We walked back to the school and shifted a safe distance away.

I pulled my crumpled up schedule out of my pocket and looked at sixth period.

Gym. Not a fun class, but not a boring class.

I walked into the building and snuck my way to the gym.

I entered and all eyes landed on me.

I took a deep breath and instantly regretted it.