Chapter Ten

Parker's POV

I was laying on the small bed in the nurses office. When I landed in the floor, my spine did something weird, and now I'm waiting for an ambulance to come.

The familiar "beep" of the bell rang through the air.

"Attention everyone," the principals voice rang, "due to certain reasons... I'm advising all teachers to hold students in class until further notice. There is an ambulance here to take a student to the hospital. Ive given the paramedics permission to take the ID of any student who gets in their way. Have a nice day, I will announce when it is safe to dismiss your class."

Another agonizing minute passed and the paramedics came in the small office with a gurney. They both looked at me and carefully picked me up and set me into it.

A small cry escaped my lips and I had to bite my tongue in order not to cry.

They started to push me along the hallways when we suddenly stopped.

"Young man, please move out of the way." one paramedic said in a professional tone.

"Sir," an Irish accent said, "I'm her friend. Can I go with her?"

"Sorry," the parametric said, rolling me along, "you cannot."

"Niall," I groaned, opening my eyes and reaching out to him.

Suddenly I heard the principals voice.

"Young man, go to class!"

"Sir," Niall said in a calm tone, "she wants me to go with her."

"Miss James? Is that true?" he asked me.

I nodded and reached out for his hand. He grabbed it and gave me a small smile.

"Very well," he said sighing, "I will sign you out Mr. Horan."

The principal walked away and we got to the ambulance.

The whole way to the hospital, Niall held my hand. We just talked about random things.

He told me about Ireland and how he met the boys. All about moving to America and then he stopped talking and looked sad.

I didn't want to upset him, so I stayed quiet.

The paramedics brought me to a hospital room. When you enter there's a small bathroom to the right. Keep going and there a bed straight in front of you. A small Tv was placed above the door, and there is a bunch of medical things to the right.

I have to get a X-ray done in a couple minutes, so me and Niall just wait in silence.

The door suddenly bursts open and my worried older brother rushes in, completely ignoring Niall.

"Park! Are you okay!?" he said running to the side if the bed Niall isn't at. He reached out and looked for anything wrong with my face.

"Nate!" I said laughing, "I'm fine, just a little banged up."

"Oh thank God," he said smiling and sitting down, "who are you?"

"I'm Niall sir," Niall said reaching over and shaking my brothers hand, "a friend of Parker."

Nate shot me a look 'cause he knows I don't have friends.

"Umm... Nate... remembered when you said I couldn't hang out with the guys on the corner?"

Nate's face dropped.

"Niall and his four other friends live there," he opened his mouth to speak, but I wasn't finished, "they're all really cool! Niall, Liam, and Louis are really nice! Zayn and Harry are nice too, but they scare me just a little bit... but there cool!"

He was about to respond, but the door opened and the doctor said it was time for my X-ray.

Niall's POV

As soon as Park and her brother left, I took out my phone and called Liam.

"Hello? Niall? Where are you! You left school and nearly gave us all heart attacks!" Liam said the second he picked up.

"I'm sorry, but Parker's hurt." I said as soon as he stopped talking.

"What!? Does Harry know?" he said. there was some movement in the background and I'm pretty sure he's getting the guys.

"Harry caused it." I whispered into my phone.

The movement stopped and Liam gasped, "What?"

"I saw in Harry's mind," I said in a rush, "he kicked his chair back cause he was mad at her. Then he flipped the table. One of the tables legs went under Park's seat and she flew off. She landed on her back really hard. She getting a X-ray now, but I can feel that she's not okay."

"I'll be done there with the boys in a minute-"

"Don't bring Harry." I interrupted.

"What? Why?" he asked, clearly confused.

"I'm why he got upset, Liam. She was talking about me. He told her that she can't hang out with me anymore and she fired back. I'm the reason."

There was a long silence. Then he agreed and said they were on their way.