Chapter Thirty

Parker's POV

I was awoken with a loud beeping noise. I was confused, but then remembered that I have school.

I rolled over my my back an looked up at the ceiling. My hand slapped down on my alarm clock and it stopped making the annoying sound.

I slowly sat up and put my hand against my forehead. God, why do we have to have school.

I got up and walked to my closet. I opened it and peered inside, looking for an outfit. I grabbed my phone and checked the weather quickly. 78°. Not bad...

~*~*~*~

I got into my car and fixed my shorts and my tight purple shirt. I also had on my pink converse, and the necklace my father gave me when I was born.

I don't remember much of my dad, because he left us when I was born. Before he left, he gave my mom a necklace that he said "belonged" to me.

I usually don't wear it, but I had a weird feeling that I should. It was a small pendant of a wolf...

My hand shot for the pendant and I stared at it in shock. Why haven't i noticed it before!? A wolf? It was just a small pendant, but could it mean something else?

I let it fall to my chest and started my car. I have a feeling this is going to be a really long day.

---------------------------------------------

None of the boys were in school today.

It worried me to think where they might be. But at the same time, I didn't want to care.

I walked into the cafeteria and made my way to the table the boys usually sit at. Just as I thought, no one was there.

I sat down, facing the windows, and pulled out my phone. My finger slowly and hastily slid across the "Slide to unlock" thing.

I hit the contacts app and slid down the the "L's".

My thumb hit the small name in bold black letters. I was still very confused on what I was doing, but I needed to understand better.

RING.

RING.

RIN-

"Hello?"

"Louis?"

"Park? What's the matter?"

"Nothing," I said sighing, "I just... I was just... well, I was-"

"Park, what's wrong?"

"I was worried..." I said slowly, "you guys aren't in school, and I was... never mind."

I changed my mind in telling him that I'm scared to be alone. Then they will try and "protect" me again.

"You were, what?"

"Nothing," I said a little too quickly, "nothing. It's perfect here. Just... sitting alone at lunch."

Harry's POV

Lou got a call from Park. He put it on speaker, and it broke my heart to hear her so uneasy.

"Nothing," she said a second after Lou, "nothing. Its perfect here. Just... sitting alone at lunch."

My mouth popped open and Lou looked at me. She's alone? At lunch?

Then I remembered. When Liam brought her to our table the day I met her, she came alone. Liam said that she didn't have any friends.

She said goodbye and quickly hung up. I stood up and went towards the door.

"Harry. Don't." I heard Liam growl. He said that we should all keep our distance from Park.

"She's all alone, Liam." I said glaring back at him, "I want to go and be with her."

That kiss yesterday... it was absolutely amazing. Her lips were so soft, and they tasted like strawberries.

My wolf whines when she's not around. Its getting annoying. All he does is whine and whine and whine.

"I don't care," he snarled, "I'm the alpha, you're the beta. You listen to me."

My wolf started to growl. I'm sick of being bossed around. I should be alpha. Not Liam.

"I don't need to listen to anyone when it comes to my mate." I said shooting a dangerous look at Liam.

Lou's mouth hung open. I looked at him with my breathing heavy. I don't understand why he's so shocked. I didn't do anything wrong.

"Harry," he said getting my attention again, "you used the word mate to describe Parker."

I did. I said mate for the first time. I promised myself I wouldn't call her that. And I broke that promise. But in all honesty, I don't care anymore.

I looked back to Liam, whom was slightly smiling. My wolf let out a deep growl. He thought this is funny?

I ran for the door before they could say anything. As I shifted(once I saw no one was out), I heard them all call "Harry!" at the same time.

I ran and ran and ran. I didn't stop until I was at the back of the school.

I shifted back, and casually walked to the front doors.

I opened them and slid past the secretaries and all that crap.

I stood up straight and fixed my shirt. I took one if the deepest breaths of my life, and walked into the cafeteria.

I walked to our usual table and expected to see Park, but I only saw her bag.

I ran to the table and looked around frantically. I took a whiff of the air and smelt mint and strawberries. Thank God. She's still here.

I sat down and waited patently for her to come back from where ever she was.

After about a minute, her scent got stronger.

"Harry?"