Chapter Thirty One

Parker's POV

I hung up with Louis and abruptly stood up. I have a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. Also, I'm kinda hungry.

I walked into line and waited patiently. After about two minutes, I got to the front and told the lady what I wanted. I got a turkey and ham sandwich. I also bought a chocolate cookie and a pink lemonade. And this girl was selling candy for a fundraiser, so I got a snickers.

I wasn't paying attention to anything, but getting to the table. I stuffed the stickers in my bag and grabbed all the food. I was looking at the floor the entire walk back.

Once I looked up, I saw a head of brown, curly hair.

"Harry?" I asked stopping dead in my tracks. Why the hell is he here.

He turned around and relief washed over his flawless face. He was sitting in his normal seat, looking quite attractive. A white V-neck and black skinny jeans. He should wear that more often.

"Hey, Park." he said smiling brightly, making his dimples prominent.

"Um, not to be rude or anything," I said shrugging while sitting and putting my stuff on the table, "but why are you here...?"

He looked down at his hands, witch were resting on the plain table, and blinked a few times.

"I just didn't want you to be alone." he whispered ever so softly.

I blinked and widened my eyes. It took me multiple seconds to register what he said. I knew he was being serious, because his cheeks got slightly pink.

"Thank you," I mumbled, "do you want some?"

I pointed at my food and looked back up at Harry. He nodded slightly and smiled again. God. That's cute.

He moved a little bit closer to me and I opened the sandwich box. It was cut on an angle, so I gave Harry one of the sides.

He gladly took it as he took a huge bite. I laughed when he had mayonnaise on his cheek.

"What?" he said with his mouth full, "is something wrong?"

He smiled and I knew he knew I thought it was gross.

"That's disgusting Harry," I said laughing still, "stop it."

He smiled and swallowed and wiped his cheeks, "Fine. But wait till you really get to know me," he smiled bigger, "some crazy shit happenin' then."

I laughed again and had to hold my stomach. I don't know why, but I just laugh at everything he says. I love it too.

We finished the sandwich and then moved onto the cookie. Harry split it in half and we both ate it fairly quickly.

I was having fun-I'm going to admit that. Even though I don't like him all that much, and he scares the crap out of me, he makes me feel complete, full even. Like my heart isn't empty anymore.

"So Harry," I said softly, "I really need to talk to you about something that happened fairly recently."

His face for a split second showed happiness, then relaxed to his casual look.

"I have to talk to you too, and it also happened recently." He said fiddling with his thumbs.

"Okay," I said moving so I could face him. He did the same, but I was on more of an angle.

I didn't talk, so Harry could go first, but he looked... off.

He didn't have his confident look like normally he does. He looks more nervous and fidgety. He was also looking everywhere, but me.

Once I finally caught his glance, he seemed to calm down.

"Parker," he said with a clear, strong voice, "there are some things that I haven't told you yet. For example, I haven't told you about yo-"

He abruptly stopped talking. I looked at him and saw his gaze was not on my face anymore. I tried to follow his eyes, but he was shaking, and they were turning yellow, which was scarring me.

I finally found to where he was looking at, but I don't understand why. My neck.

"Harry-"

"That." He growled. His voice didn't even sound human anymore. I was petrified.

My necklace. The pendant. Shit.