000 - Intro

Hey friends, it's DragonSwirl!! I've decided to write a fanfiction about my very favorite thing: Monstercat! For those of you who don't know, this is an EDM label that lots of different artists release with that makes dubstep, trance, electro, DnB, house, things like that. But first I need to warn you: I actually am *edit: was* really new to this wonderful thing, so I might do really dumb things ... just deal with it, I guess, and try to help me out.

Anyway ...

Anyone who is a fan probably noticed that the album covers make a story. I thought personally that this was so exciting and filled with possibilities! However, due to lack of inspiration and an overload of other ideas, only a few of the chapters follow the cover art ... There are more things in here, like plot and sub-plot and sub-sub-plot and you know. Basically my inspiration came from the covers but my story doesn't follow them (like, at all).

Disclaimer: Artists don't belong to me or my ideas - they are real people releasing fabulous music with the Canadian based music label Monstercat, but, as sad as it is, I do not actually know any of them in person, so their personalities and some parts of their appearances are NOT based on anything real; anything that's similar is completely coincidental (or I'm just accidentally a stalker ... yes I've done that before). Some artists won't be mentioned very often because there's a ton (and I mean A TON) of them ... Also I've kind of adopted them as characters so they're my children now ... I am a terrible human ...

There will probably not be any romance just because I'm terrible at writing it ... *update* I lied ... There's a little bit ... hehehe ...

POVs will shift but I'll try to keep it the same for at least a whole chapter. If you want to see a specific one let me know and I'll get back to you. :D

There are two OCs of mine:

Phantom (he's cool; he's my favorite)

Eveelyn 'Evee' (she's not as cool but I love her anyway)

For this particular story I'm not accepting other OCs but I'm thinking about making one with others later because the Wattpad Monstercat family shares OCs around to a point that I don't even know who's is whose ... anyway, still love you!

Also, I used lots of songs in the random writing, so keep your eyes open. There used to be a count but that got stupid really fast, so I got rid of it. Maybe you'll still find all of them :)

A song will be included on the media part just so if you don't know what this is, you can listen and get a feel for it. Some songs go really well with the chapter and some are just there because why not. *edit: I'm going back and trying to add songs that fit, now that I'm more familiar and have listened to way too much Monstercat. If you have a suggestion for a chapter song, let me know*

As I'm writing, I realize this is really really long ... The first half has chapters usually around 1000-2000 words, but they get longer, 2000-4000, since I'm trying to finish it up.

*IMPORTANT*

The first half starts out happier, more simple and almost easy going, but then it slowly gets darker and more mature. Some of the topics I mention and/or discuss include depression, child abuse, mental illnesses, human experimenting, and torture. It gets pretty violent and gruesome at times; however, I try to describe it well enough to get the picture, but don't dwell on the details. I would like to keep this story appropriate for all readers, but if something bothers you, feel free to skip the chapter and shoot me a message or comment. I'll gladly summarize it for you so you can keep reading without missing anything important.

Anyway, I think that's it, so ENJOY! (And if you like it, comment, vote, and/or recommend?)

~ DragonSwirl :D