080 - Abyss

Song of the Chapter: Blurred Vision - PYLOT (Indie Dance)
Nemesis - Rogue (Trap)

My other favorite song by Rogue - especially the Rattlesnake part 8D

Sorry, the part with Monstercat is kind of cheesy and stupid, but I needed it to happen quickly so I could end things very soon.

(Tristam's POV)

I find myself once again tied up in Jensen's office, the wire trapped to the wall. Thankfully, it doesn't hurt so bad this time. My wrists are tied to the opposite ankles, so I can't go anywhere, and though it makes my back ache to be bent over like this, it's not unbearable. At least I'd be able to go to sleep if I needed.

Braken's on the other side of the room, curled up on the floor with his wings over his head. I've been gagged or I would try to coax him out. He's afraid of himself, but he talks like he's not the only one in there. Like there's someone else inside his head.

I don't know what to do. My plan was to break him out, but we're both trapped with our lives on the line. One wrong move and Jensen will shoot me, and it sounds like the voice in Braken's head can kill him and take over if he lets it.

Where is Jensen? He tied me up and then left, and he hasn't returned for almost the entire day. No one has. Something's wrong.

"Braken," I try to say. My voice is muffled by the muzzle-like gag. I try to use my shoulder to rub it away, but it doesn't move. "Braken," I call, louder, hoping he'll hear my muffled voice, even if he can't understand me.

He shifts a little and I can hear him sniffle. He doesn't get up.

"Braken. Come here."

He finally sits up a little and turns to look at me, his eyes puffy and red from crying. "Leo?" His voice is fragile and timid.

I gesture with my head for him to come over and he pulls himself to his feet, his wings dragging carelessly on the floor. "Untie me," I try to say.

"What?" He rubs his eyes and wipes his nose with the back of his hand.

"Untie me," I repeat, trying to enunciate better. He takes the gag and gently pulls it out of my mouth, unbuckling the straps and letting it hang around my neck. I rub my tongue along the corners of my mouth, where I'm bleeding again. "Untie me," I say once more.

"I'm not supposed to touch you," he whimpers. "I don't wanna hurt you."

"You're not going to hurt me," I say. "I trust you."

"Then that's your mistake."

I flinch backward in surprise. "What?"

"That's your mistake. You can't blame me for anything that happens here, can you? You trusted me." Braken starts to shake, sniffing more often and rubbing his face. "Leo ... please, just tell me I'm not a lost cause."

"I never said you were," I answer softly. "Come on, untie me."

"You said I was special, but here's something you'll never admit: you were wrong." He pauses to steady his faltering voice. "They wanted a monster, so I gave them one. I let him in and I let him have control ... I thought I could be good enough. I thought one day, if I tried hard enough, I could do it. I was wrong. I will never do it. I'm not the good guy anymore."