019 - Rivalry

Song of the Chapter: Essence - Direct (Dubstep)

By the way Noisestorm released a new song a couple days ago it's called escape go look it up it's fabulous

(Rogue's POV)

I can't stop myself from smiling as I go back into the hotel room. I don't know why I was so nervous about talking to Eveelyn. It was a lot easier than I thought.

"What're you so happy about?" Noisestorm demands, giving me a shove.

... Except for that little problem.

"Nothing," I mutter, ducking around him.

"Nothing as in something you don't want me to know about?"

"No." I try to ignore his glare burning into my back and sit down on the side of the couch bed, the only open spot other than the floor. Tristam is still asleep and dead to the world. Braken is on the other side of him, sharing the bed, though he's awake and watching us silently. The other bed is taken up by Phantom and Aero, both of whom are light sleepers and will wake up to the same things. Au5 is on the other end of the couch bed I'm sitting on, and Monstercat is curled up on the floor.

"Then why don't you tell me?"

I look up at Noisestorm. I'd zoned out for a second. "What? I mean - It's none of your business."

He comes over and smiles, but it's an unnerving smile, not a friendly one. "Let's talk, Rogue. I don't think you understand, but that's okay. It must be hard when you're emotionally unstable."

"Stop saying things like that," I say, my good feeling vanishing and a burst of anger replacing it. No - I'm going to be calm.

"It's true and we both know it."

"What about you? You were fine an hour ago."

"That was an hour. You change in three seconds."

I stand up and walk to the desk to sit away from him. "Leave me alone, Noise."

"What were you doing out there? Why are you so happy?"

"I'm not anymore." I rest my head on my arm, taking my helmet off and setting it next to me. I'm still tired and just want to sleep. A hot shower will do that to me. Either that or give me enough energy to climb Everest.

"See? Crazy." Noisestorm slowly makes his way over to me.

I ignore him and close my eyes. He starts to poke my head and I continue to ignore it until he sticks a pen in my ear. I jolt away and smack his hand. "Knock it off. You're just tired."

"Maybe, but I still want answers."

I get up again to move to the other end of the room. "We apologized and forgave. That's it." I pause before adding, "Which sounds too hard for you."

Turns out, I shouldn't have said it. Noisestorm gives me a massive shove that sends me crashing to the floor. Before I can regain my balance, he flips me over and slams his palms on my shoulders to pin me in place. "Say that again," he growls.

"Get off," I hiss at him, trying to push him over. His knee is pressing down in my gut, really hurting.

"What did you say to me?" he demands.

"Noise, get off. You're hurting me." I'm exhausted. I don't want to fight him.

"What did you say to me?" he repeats, his voice getting louder and his knee digging harder into my stomach.

"Stop it - I can't breathe," I gasp, wincing in pain.

"Then TELL ME."

Before he can do anything else, someone yanks him off, falling over in the process.

Noisestorm swears as he lands on top of whoever-it-was and rolls over to stand up. Phantom grabs my arm and pulls me to my feet. "Are you okay?" he asks softly.

"I ... yeah, I'm fine." I take a deep breath and sigh in relief.

"What was that for?" Noisestorm demands. Braken scrambles to his feet and ducks around his rage, running into the bathroom and locking himself in. Wait, Braken helped me? I didn't expect help from him, of all people.

"What was what for?" Aero says, his voice quiet but threatening. "What was going on down there? What were you doing to Rogue?"

Noisestorm narrows his eyes and starts to answer, but I cut him off.

"Nothing," I say quickly. "It was just a misunderstanding. Everything's fine now." I glace at him to make sure he gets the message. I'm defending him for now, but only so that no one else gets pulled into our problem.

He opens his mouth to protest, but then decides better of it and drops his eyes to the floor. "What he said," he grumbles.

"I don't want anymore trouble from you two or I swear I will lock you both in the bathroom until you can get along, got it?" Aero glares at both of us in turn.

"Sorry," I mumble.

Noisestorm sighs through his nose and sits down on the couch bed angrily. Au5 wakes up for just a moment before rolling over and going back to sleep. Tristam doesn't even flinch. I can't see Monstercat from here, but I'm pretty sure he's still asleep, too.

"Good." Aero lays back down and steadies his breathing. In a few minutes, he's asleep. I wish I could fall sleep that fast.

"You take my spot," Phantom says to me, leaving my side to talk to Noisestorm.

I obey and climb under the covers, sighing. Why does he have to be this way?

Why do I have to be this way?

I know most of it is my fault. I just say things without thinking and don't say things without thinking and then I decide to be stubborn without thinking ... basically my life is me not thinking. And it doesn't help that I really can't control my emotions. Maybe I should get help.

I'm so lonely ... alone in this unstable world of anger and hate.