Chapter 8

Author note: To be completely honest, I'm not good at maths, I'm not quite sure how far along Bellatrix is so I'm just gonna say 2 months for future reference.

"Are you sure about Cordelia?" Narcissa asked. "I've never heard of anyone named like that before."
Narcissa was sitting on her sofa, posture perfect as normal, and Bellatrix was lying on her back, playing with her hair.

"Yes I really like it." Bellatrix replied. "What would you name your daughter Cissy?"

"I'm not sure." Narcissa admitted. "Probably Druella after mother,"

"Ugh boring! Cissy you have no imagination, what would you WANT to name it, not what would you feel is the 'perfect' name," Bellatrix said laughing, sitting up. Narcissa never expressed her opinion when it came to things like this, so it interested Bellatrix.

"I really don't know..." Narcissa said. "Maybe... Kitana?"

"That's cute." Bellatrix admitted. "Oh, and I've decided on a middle name,"

"Let me guess," Narcissa said, as if she could read Bellatrix's mind. "Cordelia Bellatrix Lestrange?"

"Ha wrong." Bellatrix said placidly.

Narcissa looked shocked. "What then, Bella?"

"Cordelia Narcissa Lestrange." Bellatrix said, looking at her sister with a smile.

"Oh god!" Narcissa said, rubbing her finger under her eye to stop her mascara running with the following tears. "I love you more than anything else,"

"Even Lucius?" Bellatrix said laughing.

"Don't push it Bella," Narcissa said, also laughing.

*****Meanwhile at 12 Grimmauld place*****

"Dumbledore, what was the big problem you needed to speak to us about?" Alice Longbottom asked.

"It seemed really important," Sirius Black added.

Soft chatter was filling the room, and Dumbledore sat at the front of the table until he had enough. The wizard stood up and started talking.
"I understand that many of you may be confused of why I summoned you tonight,-"

"You can say that again," Sirus said, causing the rest of the order laugh under their breath.

Dumbledore cleared his throat and carried on. "Sirius, you may find this funny but it concerns a certain cousin of yours,"

"Narcissa, Andromeda ?" Sirius said hopefully.

"Bellatrix." Dumbledore said bluntly. "I have to admit, there has been some information I have not shared with you, however I have intended to as soon as I possibly could."

"This information," Frank Longbottom asked. "How long have you known?"

"A little under two months," Dumbledore admitted. "However I do not regret my actions, as I had to be sure,"

"Be sure of what?" Sirus asked.

"Your cousin Bellatrix's pregnancy."

The whole room went silent. After a few minutes, Lily Potter raised her voice.
"Bellatrix Lestrange is having a baby?" She asked. "But why?"

"That unfortunately, Lily, I do not know," he said. "But I do know that this pregnancy have made us some allies,"

"What are you talking about!" Remis Lupin asked, raising his voice for the first time that evening. "Surely the only thing happening here is the spawn of Satan?"

"My original thought exactly, Remus," Dumbledore replied. "But during these events, Narcissa Malfoy came to visit me."

"Narcissa Malfoy?" Lily asked. "The death eater?"

"Agh." Dumbledore said. "A common misconception."

"Misconception?" Frank Longbottom laughed. "She's almost as bad as her sister!"

"Narcissa may not be an angel, but she does not carry the dark mark." Dumbledore said seriously. "Narcissa actually seems like a very decent woman, she came to me seeking help, she has asked me to protect Bellatrix's baby."

"Lies!" Peter Pettigrew said, standing up. "That woman is evil."

"Sit down, Wormtail." Sirius said, putting his hand on his forehead and facing down at the table, as if Peter was an embarrassment. "Narcissa has never been evil, and not like her sister, even though she cares for Bellatrix deeply,"

"Well that's it then," Lily Potter said. "The baby must not be allowed to stay with its parents."

"My thoughts exactly Lily," Dumbledore said. "But were to put the child, is my real dilemma."

"That's easy!" Lily replied, smiling.

"What are you talking about lily?" Dumbledore asked, sincerely puzzled.

"Me and James will take the baby." She said. "We have always wanted a baby,"