Chapter 60

Julia was a character. Bellatrix wasn't sure if she liked her, the woman seemed to be literally in her brain. It was quite confusing. Bellatrix had met vampires before, but none like her, she seemed more human, and her family was one to remember, it seemed quite oversized. She'd remember Shelby and Phoebe now though, she'd probably remember the surname Collins for a while after that. She was in a way slightly jealous though, she envied the idea of being able to see your children eternally, being able to always keep them close, which was clearly what Julia had done. Bellatrix was already 50, though she had to admit she looked a lot younger than that, and she probably could never be a proper mother to Nancy and Tate, which saddened her. Vampire seemed the way to go. But no, for now she should stay human.

She was happy Rodolphus was getting better, she loved him after all, but there was something bittersweet about him being back, but she couldn't see him because of her job. But she had grown to love her job, and wanted to hang on to it.

She wanted to get away from the complicated things in her life, so she took Francesca, Tate and Nancy to her sister's mansion; Narcissa Malfoy had been missed after all. Narcissa was the typical pure-blood housewife, she left the cooking and cleaning to the house elves, and spent her time planning parties and re-designing her mansion, she never ran out of rooms. Bella knocked on the door, Nancy on her hip and Tate in the other arm being held against her chest. Narcissa opened the door and gasped.

"Hey Cissy."

"Bella...Oh Bella it's so great to see you! I would hug you but...Do you want me to take the little baby?"

"That would be very helpful."

Narcissa held Tate tightly and lead Bella and Chessie into the living room. "It's great to see you again Bella...though I think you have some things to explain..."

"Yeah, well apparently these are my children. Your holding my son, Tate, and this is little Nancy." Bella introduced. "You really don't want to know, I'm just glad to see you again. How are you?"

"I'm fine...I just stay around the house mostly...I guess I miss Draco a bit...There isn't that much to do anymore around here, not things that I haven't done about a thousand times. Are you planning on staying? Please do, I'd love to help you with this little guy!" Narcissa said, holding Tate up and looking at him. "Blonde hair, doesn't really fall into the Black or Lestrange categories, does he?"

"I guess not." Bella shrugged.

"Anyway, I heard you got into a bit of trouble with Connor Carrow at work. I spoke to his mother, Lagina, awful woman, but anyway, she said that her son told her that you were hostile to him during class? I don't know what she was planning to do, but apparently she was going to talk to Professor McGonagall." Narcissa said. "Is any of that true?"

Bellatrix scowled. "I bloody hate Connor." She said. "His sister, Juniper, is one of the sweetest girls in that class, to be honest I have no idea how those two are twins, they are the opposites of each other. That boy is rude, lazy...he's said things that should have got him expelled...If that woman speaks to McGonagall I will expel that boy...drives my insane. And that girl he sits next to, Ivy, she is so painstakingly annoying I was to punch her, oh my god."

"Well, it's great to see what you think of everyone in my class." Chessie said with a smile. "Who else do you hate?"

"Alessandra Greengrass. And Alyson Yaxley, but they aren't in your class. I guess the rest of the class makes up for it though, I love Brooke and Alex, they are so sweet. I think you picked well, friend wise, Finn I love, and the others I like too. Especially Alexis, she seems like a younger version of myself, she totally had the idea to use glamour charms to pretend she was in fifth year, I admit that was very clever." Bellatrix said. "Cissy, do you know these people?"

"Yes, I had Alessandra and her mother over for tea last week, little Alessandra is very proper. She will be the perfect pure-blood housewife, that's for sure. A bit...well...thick, I won't lie. Just like her mother though, Hinabeth Greengrass is just stupid. She thought house elves weren't actually alive, you'd have thought she never went to school." Narcissa said, laughing a little.

"Really? Oh, lord, even I'm not that bad." Bellatrix smiled. "I met with Rodolphus' psychiatrist, a vampire, Julia Hoffman. She's good at her job, if that's what your looking for, but is really good at shrinking you into a box, it's kind of awkward to be honest." Bella explained.

"I haven't heard of her." Narcissa admitted. Nancy looked up at Bellatrix and starting to moan, tugging her dress sleeve and pulling her sassy face. "Looks like the little girl isn't to happy." Narcissa laughed. "I have three nursery's on the second floor, we can see which one takes the little lady's fancy."

"Aww, say thank you Aunty Cissa!" Bella said, looking at Nancy. "Can you say that for mumma?"

Nancy, who had really started to develop her speech, and also loved her mother, decided to give it a try. "Tank oo uniee Cisssa." She said in her young voice, making Narcissa smile. Narcissa took Tate and Nancy up to the second floor, Bella put her son down for a nap and put Nancy in a separate room, Narcissa and Bellatrix sat the little girl on the floor with some bricks to play with, and helped her spell out words. "

"She's going to be a real genius when she's older!" Narcissa laughed as the toddler spelled out her name with the bricks, it wasn't intentional, but still quite adorable.

"Just like her auntie." Bellatrix smiled, looking over at her sister. It was a mystery, to Bellatrix, why her little sister didn't use her intelligence for greater things than redesigning her second floor. Narcissa Malfoy was a smart woman, she was definitely smarter than Bellatrix and Andromeda were combined, and yet she was the only one that settled down like the typical pure-blood housewife, living the life that she hated more and more by each passing day. Bella wasn't a genius, but the little knowledge she did have, she got to share with her classes, whereas Narcissa had only shared her gifts with Hermione and Francesca, Draco had learned from Lucius (Even though as far as Bella was concerned, Lucius was about as useful as a empty beer bottle, and Draco could have been so much better if he had gone to Narcissa instead.)