Chapter 20

It's done it again fml just follow the titles😂

"Harry, what was she talking about?" Hermione asked, she was the brightest witch of her age and this still confused her.

"What did she say again?" Harry asked, biting his nail. He had never witnessed a thing like this before either.

"Well first she was magically thrown back against a wall, then started screaming at me, saying it was my fault, you know, normal Bellatrix reaction, or so I've heard. Then I say it's her her fault, and she agrees? She yells at Lucius, and yells the name Cordelia. Harry, we need to find out who Cordelia is." Hermione said. Her wounds had healed very quickly, Madame Pomfrey had made sure of that, and they had had a summer to think the situation over, but come to no useful conclusion other than they needed to find this 'Cordelia' person.

"I saw her mouth something at you before we left, do you know what it was?" Harry asked.

"I'm not sure, but I think it was like 'I found you', but she was clearly out of her mind. Maybe she meant it for someone else?"

Harry bit his lip and nodded. Their 6th year had started and they were sitting in the gryffindor common room. "I think we should speak to dumbledore." He said.

"I agree." Hermione said. "We should go now, we have time."

The pair walked to their headmasters office, Ron was in a different class at the time.Harry remembered to password, so they walked up the stone steps and into the old mans office.

"Mr Potter, Miss Granger, how can I help you?" Dumbledore said, putting the newspaper he was reading down.

"Sir, we came to ask about what happened with Bellatrix Lestrange, when she flew back from her curse. We wondered if you had an explanation for it?" Harry said.

"Ah yes, Madame Lestrange." Dumbledore said very seriously. "I heard a little about this, now I must ask, the curse was intended for miss Granger?"

"No, sir." Hermione said, in her usual serious tone. "It was meant for Neville, but I got in the way,"

Dumbledore eyes opened wider and his hand start shaking. "Mr Potter, I must request that you leave us immediately, I have something very important to discuss with miss Granger."

Harry nodded silently and left, leaving Hermione very confused. She had never talked to Dumbledore properly on her own, what was this about?

Dumbledore pointed at a seat, and Hermione sat down.

"Professor?" Hermione asked.

"Yes, Miss Granger?"

"I must ask, why did Bellatrix keep screaming the name Cordelia?"

"Oh dear." Dumbledore said, looking at Hermione with his face seeming extremely concerned.

"What is it sir?"

"Cordelia is someone you know very well, and I feel I owe you an explanation, but before may I ask what you know of your family history?"

Hermione, who was still very confused, started to speak. "My parents are both muggles, they work as dentists in London and-"

"So you know nothing? Nothing at all?"

"I'm sorry sir, I don't understand what you mean?"

Dumbledore sighed. "Miss Granger, this information may seem very off topic, but I promise it will become useful later on. In 1979, Bellatrix gave birth to a daughter, her name was Cordelia. Unfortunately, Cordelia was taken away because the order had to ensure the safety of her baby, so her identity was changed, the only thing that was not altered was her appearance. Luckily, Cordelia doesn't look like her mother, but that hasn't stopped Bellatrix from finding her true identity,"

"What does this have to do with me?" Hermione asked. "Who is Cordelia now? And why didn't you just kill the baby?"

"Because, miss granger that would have been barbaric. If we had killed the baby, you would not be sitting here infront of me today,"

Hermione stood up, her breathing quickened and her eyes were deadly, looking remarkably like Bellatrix's own eyes. "You can't be serious..."

"Yes miss granger. Or should I say, Miss Lestrange,"

"NO! I CAN'T BE CORDELIA! I'M MUGGLEBORN! TO HER I'M JUST A STUPID MUDBLOOD! THAT WOMAN IS THE DEVIL!"

"I will not lie to you miss Granger," Dumbledore said. "Bellatrix loved you dearly, which Made the task so much harder. And I believe she will come for you,"

Tears were streaming down Hermiones face, it was too hard to process. "And my father?" She sobbed.

"Rodulphus Lestrange, he also loved you, even though that may be hard to believe,"

"NOOOO!" Hermione screamed, falling to the floor sobbing. "Does that mean...Malfoy is my cousin?"

"Yes, son of Narcissa Malfoy, your aunt," Dumbledore said. "And might I add, a lovely woman,"

*****Meanwhile*****

"It's the Mudblood Cissy, I saw it," Bellatrix said, she was pacing along the sofa.

"Are you sure?" Narcissa asked.

"Positive. Now tell me Cissy, what is her name,"

"Hermione granger,"

"I will get her back," Bellatrix said, as she stopped walking. "You'll see Cissy, one day soon she'll be sitting in this room with us,"