Chapter 29

"We should still see each other," Ginny said. They had been sitting at the marble fountain for hours, trying to comprehend what Hermione had told them. It had also crossed their minds that Bellatrix wouldn't allow the, to meet in the future, considering her closeness to the dark lord it's not ideal to have the boy-who-lived being best friends with her daughter.

"Yeah, but I don't think Bellatrix is really a fan of you guys." Hermione said, again referring to her mothers closeness with Voldemort.

"Well, we'll find a way to make it work," Harry smiled. "We better get going, Mrs Weasley is going to wonder what took up so long,"

"Yeah," Hermione nodded, smiling at the thought of the trio getting yelled at by Molly Weasley.They hugged and Harry, Ron and Ginny apparated away. Hermione walked back into the house and started looking for snacks in the kitchen. Narcissa had told her that if she wanted food Muffy could get it for her, but Hermione couldn't be bothered to wait for it.

"Sooo." Bellatrix said, walking in behind her daughter. "What was that about?"

"Oh nothing," Hermione said, grabbing a chocolate frog of the top shelf. Bellatrix wouldn't understand.

"You know I feel bad." Bellatrix admitted, sitting on the kitchen counter. "You had to celebrate your sixteenth birthday thinking that your mother was a murderous whore, that doesn't sound very pleasant."

"That's true, but your not a whore," Hermione said, turning around to face Bellatrix. "But don't feel sorry about it, it's fine now."

"What do you want to do?" Bellatrix asked, getting of the kitchen counter and standing up. "Lets do something today, I want to get to know you more,"

"No really, you don't have to," Hermione said, secretly happy that Bellatrix was making such an effort. She really was sweet.

"No, ANYTHING you want I'll do," Bellatrix said reassuringly. That day she was wearing a black, figure hugging dress and a black cloak. Before going to azkaban she must have been an astonishing beauty, she still was fair, but now she still seemed a lot thinner. Her cheeks were extremely hollowed, but had an amazing jawline, Hermione's jaw wasn't as good, but her features were softer and her face kinder.

"Well, maybe we could go to London...?" Hermione asked, worried she was pushing her luck.

"Honey, we already are in London!" Bella laughed.

"No I mean Muggle London, I loved it there when I was a girl, all the people and the shops, it just always seemed so amazing. I haven't been there since before I went to hogwarts; I've always wanted to go again,"

"Take my arm," Bellatrix said suddenly. Silently, Hermione went over. They both apparated to a little cafe outside harrods, it was slightly familiar to Hermione, she had been there as a little girl, but hadn't been there recently.

"Thank you!" Hermione said, smiling excitedly, and hugged Bellatrix. Bellatrix was wearing a cloak, according to the authorities she wasn't supposed to be seen in the muggle world, but when did Bellatrix Lestrange do what she was told?They both walked into the cafe, and sat down at the back of the little building. A waitress came up to them, she had brown hair, the same shade as Hermione's, and it came to just under her shoulders and it paired nicely with her dark brown eyes. She was smaller than Bellatrix and Hermione, but still quite pretty.
"Hi, I'm Francesca, can I take your order?" She said smiling sweetly. The waitress looked at Bellatrix and gasped. "Are you Bellatrix Lestrange?" She muttered quietly, her voice seeming nervous and distressed.

"Are you a muggle?" Bellatrix said, a little confused why this woman knew her name.

"No, I went to hogwarts, I was a Hufflepuff," Francesca whispered. "Now, I have something important to tell you, the ministry have instructed the Order of the Phoenix to 'steal what they stole before'. I'm sorry, I wasn't sure what they meant but my father works at the ministry and he told me. I have been instructed to inform you and protect you,"

Bellatrix sat and out her hand over her stomach. She mouthed to Hermione, "it's the baby," and let a tear run down her face.

Francesca gasped. "Mrs Lestrange, I don't mean to alarm you but ministry officials have just entered the building."

"Can you get us out?" Hermione asked.

"Come on," Francesca whispered before leading them out of the building. As they were stepping out, a ministry worker turned around.

"HEY!" He said. "That's Bellatrix Lestrange!"

Hermione, Bellatrix and Francesca bolted out of the building into the streets of London, and to the staircase that lead to the underground trains.Francesca blocked the spells being thrown at them. One ministry worker had Bellatrix in a corner, and had fire in his eyes. It looked like Bellatrix had done something to him in the past, but what she had done didn't know, she had clearly hurt a lot of people in the past.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" The auror cried, sending a green beam of light at Bellatrix, unable to escape, Bellatrix braced herself. But before it could hit her, Francesca was thrown into the green light, and it killed her instantly. Bellatrix gasped, but before she could do anything about it Hermione grabbed her and they both apparated away.

"She died for me...." Bellatrix muttered when they arrived back at the manor. Bellatrix's had seen many people die, she had killed many of them herself, but for someone reason this one hit her harder. A complete stranger risked and lost her life for her, and she couldn't understand it. Francesca seemed so sweet and innocent, and still was willing to defy the ministry to help her. Why?

"It's not you fault," Hermione soothed. "She was brave. Sometimes bravery can be too much."

"I guess.." Bellatrix said, staring at the floor. "I'm going to make it right. I don't know how, but I will, I just know it,"