Noibat's First Word

I don't really know if Pokemon are capable of speaking intelligibly-that is, to other Pokemon, since a human would just hear that Pokemon's cry either way-as soon as they hatch, but for the purpose of this story I'm going to assume they can't.

"Come on, Noibat, say pecha berry," Frogadier tried to coax the little baby Noibat.
"No, say idiot!" Fletchinder disagreed, earning himself a slap from Frogadier.
"Fletchinder, no! He doesn't need to learn that word yet!" the bubble frog Pokemon scolded his friend.
"Why are we doing this again?" Chespin asked.
"Because Hawlucha wants us to teach Noibat how to speak," Frogadier replied, not sounding too pleased himself. He wanted to be out training, not babysitting.
"So why isn't he here?" Bunnelby asked.
"He's doing some work on his Flying Press with Ash," Fletchinder answered. Conveniently enough, he added silently.
Throughout the entire conversation, Noibat laughed and crooned happily, but didn't make one single intelligible comment. Frogadier looked at the little dragon type, wondering how they could get him to say his first word. Was it always this hard for human babies to say their first word too?
"What's going on here?"
The group turned around to see Pancham and Braixen standing behind them. Frogadier blushed slightly as the fox Pokemon smiled at him. AN: Yes...I ship it.
"Nothing, we're just trying to teach Noibat how to speak," he answered. "It's not going so well at the moment, though."
"That's because the words you're trying to get him to say are too hard for a Noibat his age," Fletchinder said, ruffling out his feathers.
"At least I'm not trying to get him to say anything inappropriate," Frogadier retorted.
"I haven't tried that either!" Fletchinder protested. "Well, I haven't been that bad at least! I haven't tried to get him to say, I don't know, 'up yours' or something like that."
"Up yours."
The entire group froze. "Pancham...please tell me that was you," Frogadier whispered. Pancham shook his head and cast a worried look at Noibat.
"Up yours, up yours, up yours!" Noibat laughed, extremely pleased with himself.
"No, no, Noibat! Don't say that!" Frogadier cried.
"Um, oops?" Fletchinder said guiltily.
"I'll give you oops!" Frogadier shouted, attempting to strangle the birdlike Pokemon.
"Hello?"
"Oh, great! It's Hawlucha. Now what are we supposed to do?"
"Come on, Noibat, say something else! How about your name? I'll give you a berry!" Chespin pleaded.
Hawlucha reentered the meadow with Ash and was met with dead silence and several guilty expressions until-
"Up yours!"