Reasons (Amourshipping)

"Will you go on a date with me, Ash?"

"No thanks, Serena."

"Why not?! Do you not like me?"

"Uh...."

"Wow."

"Well, did you want me to lie?"

"I'd rather you lie than hear that answer! Why don't you want to go out with me? Just one date, one. That's all. Is it really that much to ask?"

"Yes."

"Why? Give me one good reason why you won't go on a date with me."

"I could give you a hundred and one reasons."

"Literally or figuratively speaking?"

"Literally."

"All right, then give me your first reason."

"Wait, are you actually going to make me list a hundred and one reasons?"

"Well, you're the one who said you could. So what's your first reason? Unless of course you're backing out."

"As if. Fine, my first reason is that you're way too persistent. You've been trying to get me to go out with you for months now-don't look so surprised, I can catch on-and you still haven't learned to take a hint."

"But I haven't actually asked you until now. And what reason have I given for you not to like me? I've been pursuing you for all this time because you're an amazing person and you don't even seem to see it."

"That's-"

"Nothing to say to that?"

"....."

"Well, what's your next reason?"

"We don't argue at all."

"Not arguing with me is one of your reasons for not wanting to go out with me? I don't understand."

"I don't want a girl who will fall all over herself to please me and conform to my opinions just to make me happy, Serena. It's important for couples to argue once in a while. That's why things worked out so well between me and some other girls I traveled with-they weren't afraid to express their opinions, even if they were different from mine."

"I don't argue with you because so far, you haven't given me any reason to. Most of the things you say, I agree with completely. I'm sorry if you thought I was only agreeing with you because I like you, because I wasn't. But I don't like arguing with people either, and I do want to make you happy no matter what it takes. Because you're the best person I've ever known."

"Bullshit. And that makes reason number three."

"Bullshit? What kind of reason is that?"

"That's not the reason. My reason is that you have me on a completely unreasonable pedestal. Whoever you think I am, whoever you see when you look at me, I'm not that person. I'm nowhere near as perfect as you like to make me out to be."

"Ash, I know you're not perfect. But that doesn't change the fact that you're still a great person, even if you are dense sometimes."

"Stop saying things like that. It makes it harder to think of reasons."

"Not my fault you can't really think of a hundred and one reasons."

"Watch me. What number were we on again?"

"I've written down three reasons, so four."

"All right, reason number four: your desperate desire for approval."

"I...don't even know what to say to that."

"No arguments this time, huh?"

"Is it so bad that I want approval from you, Ash? It's not my fault that there's no other guy in the world who could make me forget about you."

"...."

"Ash, doesn't it say something that I've been able to come up with a decent argument to all of your reasons?"

"....I suppose so...."

"Clearly, I love you."

"Clearly-wait, what?"

"I love you."

"You do not."

"Why not?"

"You barely know anything about me."

"I know a lot more about you than you think, Ash."

"Like?"

"Your favorite color is red."

"...that it is."

"You wanted a Squirtle as your starter Pokemon, but you woke up late so you got Pikachu instead. You love all Pokemon, but your favorites are electric-types. Your favorite thing to do is battle, but you're fairly decent at contests too and that annoys you immensely. And the first ever Pokemon you caught was a Caterpie, who you raised into a Butterfree before releasing so he could be with his mate."

"......Serena?"

"Yes?"

"I've run out of reasons...."

"Then will you go on a date with me?"

"I suppose so."

"I can't believe you said yes."

"I can't believe I did, either."

"You won't regret it, I promise."

"I'd better not."

"Serena?"

"Yes?"

"Can I see that list you wrote?"

"Sure, but why?"

"So I can do this."

"You just ripped it up!"

"Yes, I did."

"Why?"

"Because today on our date, you proved all my reasons wrong."

"I told you I would."

Requested by @VelvetStar

Sorry it's all dialogue...I wanted to try something a little different. Just try to imagine what was going on at the time.