Hypocrite

This is a short story based off of the one-shot series by Darkshades777

Greninja had known that gaining his friends' trust back would be no easy task. However, he was surprised to find out that it wasn't Pikachu who took the longest to come around. Instead, that honor went to Charizard, who continued to shoot daggers at him with his eyes long after everyone else had seemingly warmed up to him again. The frog-ninja Pokemon continued his efforts to try to gain the fire-type's respect at first, but after a while, he began to feel resentful towards him. If even Pikachu, Ash's oldest friend, was able to put his grudge aside, then what was so difficult about it for Charizard? 

He tried to keep his temper under control, but even the normally stoic frog Pokemon could only be pushed so far. During one of their training sessions, the two ended up being paired as double battle partners. Even during the battle, Charizard refused to let go of his grudge against Greninja and wouldn't cooperate with him. And because of this, Greninja finally snapped. 

"Fucking unbelievable," he muttered, once the battle was over and everyone else had split off to do other things. 

"What did you say?" Charizard demanded, narrowing his eyes. 

"I said you're fucking unbelievable," Greninja snapped, not even caring that the fire lizard had overheard him. "We're supposed to work together in a double battle, and you couldn't even swallow your pride for ten minutes." 

"I don't cooperate with a Pokemon I can't trust," Charizard sneered. 

Greninja threw up his hands in frustration. "Honestly! This again!" he growled. "What's your big problem anyway? Everyone else has gotten over it already. Even Pikachu has moved on. What's taking you so long to pull your head out of your ass? It's like you don't even realize what a hypocrite you are!" 

Charizard stared at him blankly. "Excuse me?" 

"You heard me," Greninja replied. "You're nothing more than a hypocrite. Weren't you the one who cost Ash his chance at winning the Indigo league, attacked him every time he asked you to do the slightest thing, and generally refused to obey orders, and all because you were arrogant and thought you were too good for him?" 

The massive lizard bristled. "I'm nothing like you, Greninja." 

"You're right. You're worse," the frog-ninja Pokemon agreed. "I at least can say that what I did was out of concern for Ash. You've never done anything that wasn't in your own self-interest. You didn't have to leave Ash and train in the Charicific Valley, but you did, because you wanted to get stronger. And you didn't have to go out of your way to make his life difficult, but you did, because you were too full of yourself." 

Charizard's cold expression cracked ever so slightly, and Greninja could see him beginning to waver. He plowed forward, determined to get everything off his chest. 

"I can understand why everyone else was so upset with me over leaving, but you?" he asked incredulously. "Please tell me, because I'm sure I've missed a lot in the time I was gone. What exactly have you done to make yourself feel justified in your pathetic, hypocritical, holier-than-thou attitude?" 

Not even waiting to hear a response, Greninja turned off and stormed back towards Ash's house. He didn't know if Charizard was following him, nor did he particularly care. If the stupid overgrown lizard was going to continue acting like a prick, then what did it matter to him if he ever earned his forgiveness or not?