Kanto Reboot...Ugh

I'm sure we've all heard by now about the possible Kanto reboot on the switch. Whether or not this is confirmed true I don't know myself, but if it is, let me just say that it would be incredibly disappointing if it is.

Look, when new Pokémon games come out, I want to see something new and original. And if not that, then at least a remake of something that hasn't already been done to death a million times over. I was expecting either Gen 8 or Sinnoh remakes, but no, apparently it's going to be yet another attempt at pandering to the twenty-something-year-old basement dwellers who can't stop living in the past and probably still think Misty is traveling with Ash and have never heard of mega evolution.

I've also heard the idea that Gen 8 will be set in Kanto. That just makes me hate the idea of a Kanto reboot even more. If you reboot an old region that's already received more fan service than it deserves, it completely ruins all the hype for a new generation. What's the point of trying to think of new starters? We already know what the starters will be if the game's set in Kanto.

Honestly, if this turns out to be true it proves once and for all that GameFreak cares more about pleasing Genwunners than it does about fans who actually care about the progression of the franchise and are tired of seeing them beat a dead horse all the time and don't have to constantly live in the past to find enjoyment in Pokemon.

And I know I bash Genwunners a lot, but let's be honest, no one likes them anyway. I mean...

When you have idiots like this guy, who would have any respect for Genwunners at all?

There's also another problem with a Kanto reboot for Gen 8, and it concerns the anime. Every time a new generation comes out, Ash always travels in the new region that comes with it. If Gen 8 really is set in Kanto, we all know what that means...

He'll be back in Kanto again.

Now, that idea might not sound so bad on its own, so allow me to explain.

Misty.

Ugh, can you just imagine how disgusting Pokeshippers are going to be if Ash travels through Kanto again? They were already horrible when Misty returned in Sun and Moon, and that was only for two episodes. I don't even want to think about how smug and arrogant they'd be if Ash spent yet another season with Misty.

Sometimes I can't decide if I hate Pokeshippers or Genwunners more. Well, I mean, a lot of them are one and the same anyway.

All I can say is, I really hope these rumors turn out to be false. Because if they're true, it's going to be the biggest disappointment by GameFreak since...well, ever.