Traded

What did I do wrong? Why doesn't he want me anymore? I thought we were friends, that he actually cared about me. But no, I was just another page in the book to him. 

I just wish I knew why, though. Why did he give up on me? Was it because I lost against that Blastoise? Was it because I didn't evolve? What could have gone so wrong that he would just throw away everything we had? 

My new teammates have tried to reassure me, telling me that he wouldn't have given me up until he could get a Pokemon in return that was just as good. I know better, though. No one ever tries to make an even trade. He gave me up because he thought he found something better. 

There's nothing I can do about it now, though. What happened is what happened, and no amount of sulking or moping is going to change anything. I'll do my best for my new trainer, and sooner or later I'll forget about my old one. That's just the way life seems to work, after all. 

As for my old trainer's new Pokemon, I wish you luck. I have no hard feelings against you; it's not your fault this happened. But I'd also like to give you a bit of advice: don't make the same mistake I did. Don't start trusting his vows of friendship, because the second you do is the second he turns his back on you.