Ash's Sacrifice, Part 1

Ash, Serena, Clemont, Bonnie, and all of their Pokemon were currently under Lysandre's power. They had been captured during the battle against Team Flare in Lumiose City. The leader of Team Flare observed his prisoners, a cold, cruel smirk on his face.
"What do you want with us? Let us go you evil man!" Bonnie shouted courageously.
"Shut up, girl," Lysandre snapped. Bonnie fell silent, but continued to glare at him.
"Maybe you should try that yourself," Ash remarked sarcastically. "And answer her question. What in the name of Arceus do you want with us?"
Lysandre sneered at him. "Fine, you petulant child. If you must know, I'm looking to take over the world."
Ash snorted. "Oh yeah, I've heard that one before," he said disdainfully. "Team Rocket, ever heard of them? Well if not, they're a group of bad guys who try to steal other peoples' Pokemon so they can take over the world. They've never even come close to succeeding and you won't either. Your team isn't powerful enough to conquer the world no matter how many of them can mega-evolve."
"Ash is right," Serena spoke up. "You're not going to win."
"That's right, we're going to stop you," Clemont agreed.
"Yeah, you just try us!" Bonnie said fiercely.
To their surprise, instead of becoming angry, Lysandre just smirked. "You are correct, of course. Mega-evolving Pokemon alone are not enough," he acknowledged. "And that is where you all come into play. Or, more specifically, Ash and his Greninja."
"Ninja..." the water-type growled threateningly.
"What do you want with Greninja?" Ash snarled.
"You and Greninja," Lysandre corrected. "Well, if you want to know, I want you to give me whatever gives you and Greninja that special ability you two share."
"What? Why?" Ash asked, momentarily caught off guard. Lysandre smiled as though they were in school and Ash had just asked a very clever question.
"It's really quite simple," he began. "Mega evolution is fascinating, but what you and Greninja can do is on a whole new level. Your thoughts, your emotions, even your movements become one. I'm not stupid; I know not everyone can be convinced to join Team Flare by force. But if you give us whatever enables you and Greninja to become synchronized...if everyone sees me and my Pokemon acting as a true team, then my takeover will have succeeded by next Tuesday."
Ash and his friends stared at Lysandre in disbelief and horror. He couldn't be serious. He couldn't possibly be planning to manipulate his Pokemon like that. Not to mention, how did he expect Ash to give him a powerful bond like the one between Ash and Greninja?
"And if you don't," Lysandre continued after they failed to say anything for two minutes, "I'm afraid it will be your demise."
"But even if I were to agree, what's to stop you from killing us all afterwards anyway?" Ash retorted, finding his voice again.
"True," Lysandre acknowledged. "But that's no guarantee...yet. So really, you have two options: either give it to me now and you might be allowed to live, or refuse and you will all die."
Ash stared at Lysandre, hatred coursing through him. He had never despised anyone so much as he did right now. Here he was, faced with the most difficult decision he'd ever had to make. And all the while, Lysandre continued to stare at him, smirking.
He knew there was only one option. There was no way to give Lysandre the ability that he and Greninja shared. Their bond couldn't be activated with the use of a stone. But he also knew he couldn't let his friends get killed either.
"So kill me, then," he demanded, glaring defiantly at Lysandre. "You ask for the impossible. You want the power I share with Greninja. But I can't give it to you. What we share is not something that can be activated through the use of a stone. It exists only within us, created from the strength of our bond. That's something I can't just give to you. So kill me but don't even think about laying a hand on my friends. Leave them out of this."
"Ash, no!" Clemont cried.
"Pika pika!" Pikachu screamed over the cries and protests from his other Pokemon.
"Ash, you can't..." Serena whispered.
Ash turned to look at his friends. All his Pokemon looked close to tears, even Greninja and Hawlucha, who were usually the least likely of the group to show their emotions. Clemont and Bonnie looked on in despair. Serena had tears welling in her eyes.
"It's going to be okay," he said softly. He spoke his next words to all of them, yet at the same time they were addressed mostly towards Serena. "I love you."
Turning back to Lysandre, he took a deep breath. "Go ahead," he said flatly. "Kill me. But you won't touch any of my friends-and yes, that includes my Pokemon."
Lysandre sneered. "Very noble, Ash Ketchum," he said coldly. "I always did value nobility. But I'm afraid this is the end for you. Goodbye."
Ash closed his eyes, waiting for the fatal blow to fall. He had no idea how Lysandre planned to kill him, but he was willing to take it. For his friends, he was willing to take anything. He just hoped they would understand one day.
Something hit him in the chest and he collapsed onto the ground.