II

The next day, I was finally released from the dark and hot cabinet around seven in the morning.

I was ordered to wash the floors and the toilets as my morning chores, and prepare Mary's meals while Helen and Barry watched with sharp and cold staring pairs of eyes, glued to every move I made.

I was washing the countertops when Barry screamed from upstairs.

"Willow Abram!" Barry yelled.

I sighed and went upstairs.

"Yes uncle Barry?" I asked as I walked into Mary's play room.

Barry had in his hands a broken up radio.

Mary purposely broke that one just to get me into a heap of trouble. I know it.

"Uncle Barry, I swear I didn't do anything."

"You're all full of acting, aren't you?" Barry asked.

"I didn't-"

"You didn't break the radio, did you?"

"NO!"

It was silent.

"N-no, I didn't uncle Barry. I swear to it." I quietly said.

Barry huffed and stormed passed me.

When he was back down the steps, I let out a heavy and relieving sigh, closing my eyes and standing there. It was silent.

But not for long.

There was a light tapping on the window.

My eyes shot open opened as I saw an owl.

"I didn't know owls fly in the day time." I said, walking to the window with caution.

The owl was brown and black and white, with beautiful markings and supreme and sparkling yellow eyes that took anyone's breath away.

"What do you got there?" I asked as I now opened the window, full of curiosity and wonder.

I scrunched my eyebrows as the owl released an envelope from it's beak. The back of the envelope, which faced me, had a red sticker that sealed the envelope shut. The letter H was on the sticker in the finest cursive.

I flipped the letter over and it read,

"Miss. Willow Abram
Number 3, Privet Drive
The Cabinet under the stairs
Little Surrey, UK"

My eyes nearly popped out of my skull as I gasped.

"No one ever writes to me." I whispered under my breath.

I lifted my head to see if the coast was clear. No one was around. Biting my bottom lip and tucking the envelope in my pants, I casually walked out of the play room, and slowly walked down the stairs.

"Abram." Mary spat as she was coming up the steps, punching my arm.

I shook it off as I walked down and saw Helen in the kitchen and Barry at the table, trying to fix the broken radio.

I bit my bottom lip and held my stomach and crouched over a tad.

"U-uncle Barry? A-aunt Helen?"

They looked at me and stared with cold eyes.

"What're you doing?" Helen spat.

"I-I don't feel well. May I please go lie down?" I asked.

"Well, I don't want you vomiting all over my washed floors!" Helen insisted.

"Thank you." I said as I slowly walked to the cabinet and closed the door behind me.

I quickly stuffed the letter in my pillow case and lied there for a few minutes, waiting to see if anyone would stop by and test me.

Thankfully, nobody did.

I quickly snatched the letter, and ever so quietly tore it open. Closer. Closer. A little bit more...and....it was open.

I slowly pulled the letter out, and tucked the envelope under the mattress. I unfolded the ever so neatly folded note, that was made of fine parchment, and my light hued orbs lied upon the fanciest cursive hand written letter I've ever seen.

The top of the letter had a red H on it, once again, and under it it read,

"HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY"

"Hogwarts?" I whispered to myself.

I started to read the letter.

"Dear Miss. Abram,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You will be given your supply list and uniform once terms begin, {September 1st}.
For more information, please send an owl to the Headmaster for further questions.
-Minerva McGonagall, deputy Headmistress.

P.S. show your presence at the top of your street on August 29th."

Witchcraft? Wizardry? Hogwarts? I folded up the note and tucked it under my mattress and sat there.

I sat and pondered if I should ask uncle Barry or aunt Helen. No. Don't do it. I nodded with my decision and decided to let the time pass by...until August has arrived...