LXIV

They finally landed in the deserted streets. The snow was dancing silently and the lights in the street flickered.

"Come on," Hazel said as she started walking.

"Do you know what house it is?" George asked as he caught up to her side.

"Well, look, every house here is practically old and destroyed. Look for the one that's new," Hazel said.

"Oi! Look!" Fred called.

Hazel and George looked back and Trent rushed over to Fred.

"Glitter from the red dress...she's here," Trent said.

"Lets keep walking," Hazel said as her and George continued walking ahead of Fred and Trent.

George looked around and saw burns tattooed on the cement that burned the snow and ice below his feet. He thought, maybe Hazel going in wouldn't be such a bad idea...clearly he can't talk to Willow, so maybe..just maybe Hazel can help her...but what was the object she-

"Reckon she's here?" Fred asked as he stood in front of a mailbox.

"Abram...yeah..definitely here," George gently rubbed the stinging cold mailbox.

Hazel started walking up the stones that led to the steps when Trent grabbed her wrist.

"Be careful.." He whispered.

She nodded and he let her go.

When she got to the door, she took a deep breath and opened the door.

She closed the door behind her and pulled out her wand.

"Lumos," her wand acted the part as a flashlight for her.

"Hello?" She called.

Silence.

"Willow? I-it's Hazel..." She said as she walked down the hall a bit.

"Hazel?" Echoed.

Hazel whipped her head around and I stood on the top of the staircase and slowly made my way down.

"W-Willow? What happened..? Never mind that, I'm so glad I found you. Come on, we found out how to destroy this, lets just-"

"I'm not going back.."

"What?"

"I can't go back, Hazel. I could've lit Hogwarts on fire and hurt so many people..." I turned around and walked back upstairs.

Hazel followed me.

"Willow, I know you're scared. I know you're hurt. But we can end this! George found a way! We know!"

"I might end up hurting one of you, Hazel. Please, just leave."

"No, Willow! We came a long way and did so much to help you! Please just let us try!"

"Hazel please...you're only making it worse, I can promise you that. I-I wish I could get rid of this. Once I figure out a way, I promise I will come back." I crouched over and my hands were shaking.

"Don't! Willow calm down...I can't leave without you, Wil. We all came here and we know you can get through this! We-"

Fire shot from my hands and heaven knows where the powers hit.

But when a 'thump' was heard and footsteps were heard, I opened my eyes when I heard,

"Hazel!"

I saw Trent kneeling down next to Hazel, who was lying on the ground.

"Willow!" George ran over to me and threw his arms around me.

I hugged back but I was too focused on Hazel...practically...lifeless...

"Hazel?" Trent asked.

"Haze," Fred said.

"Hazel wake up, you're okay," Trent panicked.

"Haze..?" Trent spoke.

My eyes were burning. My eyes were watering.

"Hazel!" Trent had tears dropping like raindrops from his eyes.

George whipped his head around and his face dropped at the scene.

"No pulse..." Trent whispered to himself.

"No pulse!" He shouted.

"No, no, no, no, come on Haze, wake up, you're alight! Wake the hell up!" Trent cried with his body hovered over Hazel.

"Hazel! NO! I-I didn't mean to-I-HAZEL NO! HAZEL IM SORRY!" I whaled as George kept me held back.

Fred shed a few tears and ran his fingers through his hair and George comforted himself by holding me.

"No! I...I'm-"

"It's okay love, don't worry. Don't worry." George whispered in my ear just as members of the ministry and Dumbledore burst in.

"What did I tell you about coming here?" Dumbledore spat to Fred, George, and Trent.

Trent sobbed and mourned over Hazel as the ministry guards tried to pull him off of her.

"No! No please!" I shouted as the guards tried to pull me away from George.

"No! She didn't mean to!" George shouted and tried to pull me back.

"No!" I screamed as the guards' pull was too forceful and they apparated away with me.

~*~

It all happened so fast.

Too fast for me to even put together in chronological order.

I went from being someone everyone loved...to being a criminal.

Just like that.

You just blinked, didn't you?

That's how fast it happened.

Or so it seemed.

But it wasn't truly me who committed the crime.

It was whoever cursed that pendant.

Now I'm left to face the charges.

But I sit here and keep thinking...just wait until I get my justice for her.

For Hazel.