XLIV

Morning arrived.

The sun rays shone in my face.

I groaned.

I rolled over.

I opened my heavy eyes.

I still was feeling a painful sensation throughout my body.

"Ah! You're awake!" Madame Pomfrey piped as she hurried over to my bedside.

"What happened?" I barely had a voice that asked.

"Here," she said as she held a tablespoon of a red liquid to my mouth, "drink this."

"Are you ready for visitors, Miss. Abram?" She asked.

"No. But just one please." I responded.

"Who?"

"Dumbledore."

"Very well." She said as she scurried away.

I lied there and sighed.

I wasn't strong enough. I couldn't face Malfoy by myself. He had used the Cruciatus curse on me in a second. And who was Bella? Obviously a death eater, but...

It was then that Dumbledore entered the hospital wing.

"Ah," he said lightly as he slowly approached my bed, "I see you're awake," he added.

I nodded.

"I assume you feel a great sense of after-pain?"

I nodded.

"Willow my dear," he smiled as he stood next to me and bent over a tad, "you...are so brave...and so loyal..." He asked with twinkling eyes.

I stared blankly.

He smiled again and nodded then stood back up and paced around my bed.

"As I understand it, you heard about the presence of Sirius Black?"

I nodded.

"You were worried about Harry, weren't you?" He asked.

I nodded.

He nodded and said, "that is very like you, Willow. To go out and protect and save your loved ones before your own self...and I admire you for that," he said, "Now, I'm assuming your curiosity is craving for more of the story?"

I nodded.

"Well," he said as he paced some more, "Harry and Miss. Granger and Mr. Weasley went out to watch the execution of Buckbeak the Hippogriff. According to Mr. Weasley, his pet rat, Scabbers, escaped his hands and they tried to catch him. It was then that a big black dog stopped them."

I coughed.

"S-sir? That black dog. W-was it-"

"Sirius?"

I nodded.

"Yes," he nodded.

I felt my stomach drop.

"But the dog took Mr. Weasley with him into the Shrieking Shack, where Harry and Miss. Granger went after them. It was then that they discovered Sirius was anamagius. Moments later, Professor Lupin arrived and helped Sirius out. He explained the truth. The truth being that Sirius came to murder Peter Pettigrew, who betrayed Harry's parents thirteen years ago."

"S-so-"

"Let me finish," he said with a finger pointing up, "it was at that moment that the three of them discovered Scabbers was Peter..."

"S-so by being Scabbers, that kept him hidden from Sirius all these years?"

"Correct."

"So now what?"

"Professor Snape arrived. Duels broke out in the Shack and Peter begged Harry for forgiveness. It was denied by Harry. Sirius wanted to kill Peter on the spot but Harry insisted the Dementors Kiss would be a more reasonable solution," he said, "Harry and the others helped Sirius and Mr. Weasley out of the Shack and if I recall, it was a full moon?"

I slowly nodded.

"You see, Willow, all four of them. James, Remus, Sirius, and Peter, are animagus'. Now do you remember the werewolf lesson Professor Snape had given you all?"

I nodded.

Dumbledore raised his eyebrows.

I widen my eyes.

"Lupin! H-he's a werewolf..!"

"Correct. Well, to make a long story shorter, Remus transformed and went after Harry but Sirius transformed as well and protected Harry. Harry went after Remus when he injured Sirius and Harry ended up encountering a herd of Dementors. They took Sirius' soul and even Harry's, but thanks to Miss. Grangers bright mind, Harry was able to save himself and Sirius and Harry fought off all of the Dementors. They were able to save Buckbeak as well. It has been proven that Sirius Black is not guilty and will not be sentenced to death.
Now as far as your story goes, it was Lucius Malfoy who you encountered."

"Then who was-"

"Bella? Willow," he said in a hushed voice as he bent down close to her again, "it was Bellatrix.." He whispered.

I felt my insides tighten up. My heart race. My face got hot.

"Now," he said as he paced some more, "it was death eaters that took your friends away from you-"

"Where are they?"

"Safe and sound in the common room, waiting for you to allow visitors. Anyways," he paced, "that necklace Mr. Weasley gave you, you see, it holds secrets. It is unaware how it got in his possession, but I believe it was for a reason. Willow, you mustn't let that necklace in the hands of an untrusted person. Along with the photos Remus gave you. They will help you along the way. You'll see." He said.

I nodded.

"Now, I must be on my way. But shall I inform your friends you have awakened?"

"No. I'll see them when I am able to leave, professor."

He chuckled.

"You leave today, my dear. Terms end today. The train is out front."

"What?"

Madam Pomfrey walked over.

"Alright Miss. Abram, you're excused." She said as she helped me stand up.

"Thank you," I said as Dumbledore held his arm out.

I smiled and took it as we walked out of the wing together.