XXVII

"Come on," he said as he quickly stood me up.

"Huh?" I woke up but stood as he wished me to.

He took my hand and quickly headed back to the house.

"George what's wrong?"

"Nothing." He lied as he cautiously checked his surroundings.

We made it in front of the house just when we heard, "STUPEFY"

I screamed as George ducked and pulled me down with him, causing the kitchen window to shatter.

"Expelliarmus!" George casted but the one death eater blocked it.

I stood up.

"Petrificus Totalus!" I casted to the other one but blocked it.

The death eaters gave an evil grin and they flew, leaving the black smoke trail, into the wheat.

I ran in the field after them.

"Willow, NO!" George yelled as he ran after.

I ran in the mud pits and jumped over logs and found myself standing alone on a small piece of land, with only wheat surrounding me.

I breathed heavily and kept my eyes peeled.

"CRUCIO!" I heard.

"PROTEGO!" I burst out just in time to protect myself from an incoming curse.

Two smoke trails formed again in the sky and headed towards the Burrow.

"George!" I cried as I just started to run back but George came bursting through and found me, swooping me in his arms.

"Don't scare me like that!" He cried as he protectively held me close to him.

"I'm fine!"

Zaps were heard and screaming was heard.

George and I started to run back. We came out of the field and found Fred and Molly fighting the two death eaters.

"GO!" Fred yelled.

The two death eaters looked back and saw me and started running towards me.

I ran back into the field.

"STUPEFY!" I yelled back at them.

"Crucio!" They hissed at me.

"PROTEGO!" I blocked the curse again.

I tripped on a log and fell on all fours.

They caught up with me and they snickered.

I held my wand out as I crawled backwards.

"Expelliarmus!" The one said as he wand flew out of my hand.

I gasped and was breathing heavily.

"CRUCIO!" The one yelled as I was hit directly with a bolt of green light.

I screamed and lied there, taking the pain.

"Petrificus Totalus!" George shouted as the two death eaters froze up and collapsed.

He knelt to my side.

I was crying and shaking in pain.

"Sshh, sshh, it's alright, Wil. They're gone." He said as he collected me in his arms and he knelt there, holding me as I realized I had almost died from the cruciatus curse.

"G-George," I shakily said.

"Yeah Wil?"

I looked up at him and cried.

"I c-can't do this...I-I don't want to be the ch-chosen one!"

He looked at me with sorrow built in his brown eyes.

All he could do was hold me close to him and kiss me for comfort.

"Want to go lie down?" He asked.

I nodded.

He nodded and carried me back to the Burrow and lied me on the sofa.

"Willow, dear, you alright?" Molly asked as she scurried in.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Are you feeling any pain?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Where, dear?"

I pointed to my heart.

George knelt down and shooed Molly away.

"Love, what is it?" He asked.

"I'm heartbroken, George...I don't want this...I don't want this scar...I want to be normal..."

George sighed.

"But you're not a nobody. There is no such thing is normal, Wil. Look, you've got a whole lot of good from this mess. You've got friends, an education, a boyfriend," he grinned and held her hand, "you've got a home to live in...please don't focus on the negatives when the positives are right in front of you. Okay?" He asked with a hopeful smile.

I nodded.

"A-alright."

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I barely said.

He brushed the hair out of my face and kissed my cheek.

"Do you need anything?" He asked as he stood up.

I reached my hand out.

"Stay with me?"

George nodded.

"Always." He said as I sat up and he sat down. I lied my head on his lap and closed my eyes.

"Everything alri-" Molly asked as she came in with Fred.

George shushed them as he stroked my hair.

"C'mon, Freddie." Molly whispered.

"I'm gonna stay here." He whispered.

Molly walked away and Fred came and sat in the rocking chair.

"She alright?" Fred whispered.

"Yeah she'll be fine....just hate seeing her like this."

"Like what?"

"So...broken. Sad. Horrified of the unexpected."

Fred nodded.

"I just wish she would let me take care of anything that comes her way. I wish she wouldn't put everyone else's lives in front of hers"

"Consider that a good thing, though. She loves all of us, especially you, that much that she would give up her life in a heartbeat."

"But she shouldn't think that way."

"Maybe you shouldn't think your way, mate. Of course, I want her protected as much as you do, but don't go mental and protect her like she's incapable of doing all of the many things she is capable of doing. You heard the sorting hat. She's brave and has plenty of courage and not a bad mind either. Let it all fall in place when the time is right. What just happened hasn't happened to her or us before and now we know what to expect." Fred whispered as he got up and left.

George sighed and looked down at me.

He wiped a small splotch of dirt from my cheek and he leaned his head back and closed his eyes.