XXXI

"Watch this." George snickered as the train came to a stop.

George planted soft kisses on my cheek.

"Wakey wakey" George sang between kisses.

I slightly opened my eyes and groaned.

"How are you feeling?" George chuckled and grinned.

"Sleepy..."

"You better wake up. You're on stage in about a half hour." Fred said.

I sat straight up.

"Why didn't you tell me? I'm supposed to be on the carriages now!" I said as I ran out of the compartment and off of the train.

It was pouring rain and I stopped on the platform and looked around.

"Willow?"

I turned around.

"What are ya doing?" Hagrid asked.

"I'm in the music group. I'm supposed to be on my way to the hall now..."

"They're waitin' fer ya over there!" Hagrid said as he pointed to five carriages.

I ran in the mud puddles and climbed into one of the carriages.

"Where've you been?" A Ravenclaw boy asked.

"I fell asleep on the train. So sorry everybody." I said as the carriages started headed towards the castle.

"You're the president of the music group, you know." He said.

"Yeah. You are the one in charge of everyone's presence or absence and who is doing what and making sure everyone is in tune." A Hufflepuff girl said.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Look," I sighed, " the Dementor got to me and-"

"You survived the dementor's kiss?" He asked.

I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows.

"Huh?"

"The dementor's kiss. How could you survive that?" He asked in awe.

"What do you mean?"

"The Dementor's kiss. You can exist without your soul, you know, as long as your brain and heart are still working. But you'll have no sense of self anymore, no memory, no...anything. There's no chance at all of recovery. You'll just... exist. As an empty shell. And your soul is gone forever...lost," He said, "My father told me all about it. It was sometimes used as a sentence for criminals by the Ministry of Magic, and is considered a fate worse than death. The Dementor's Kiss is ordinarily used against those who escape from Azkaban."

"Azkaban?"

"Oh yes! Sirius Black and is fated for such a sentence because he was caught after he escaped from Azkaban."

"Sirius Black?"

"Don't tell me you've never heard of Sirius Black!"

"No...no I haven't."

"He's a murderer..." He hissed, "You know...someone else escaped Azkaban. Happens to be the deranged cousin of Sirius Black, himself!"

"Who?"

"I-I can't say her name..."

"Bellatrix." I whispered.

He cringed at the name.

"No. They're cousins?"

"Oh yes. Don't you read the Daily Prophet?" He asked.

I shook my head.