VI

The next morning, I woke up with the sun's rays shining in my face. I thought it was all a crazy dream.

But it wasn't.

I ran down the steps of the Leaky Cauldron, where Hagrid was standing there, waiting patiently.

"Sleep well?" He asked.

"Indeed." I grinned.

"Well, lets get a move on! The train leaves in exactly a half hour." Hagrid helped me carry two of my bags. After a few more blocks of walking, we arrived at the train station.

"Hagrid, will I make any friends?"

"Why, o' course you will! Now, here's yer ticket. Dumbledore uhm...well, he be wanting to see me." Hagrid said as he handed me the train ticket.

"But, Hagrid, there must be a mistake. This says platform 9 and 3/4." I said as I looked up. He was gone.

I dropped my shoulders. I was feeling lost now.

"Care for a trolley?" A man asked me from behind.

I turned around.

"Oh, please." he pulled over a trolley, nodded and smiled, and walked away.

I picked up my trunks and placed them on the trolley. I started to push the trolley down the aisle as I read the platform signs.

"7....8....."

A conductor for the train stood there.

"Excuse me?" I walked over to him, "Could you tell me where I might find platform 9 and 3/4?"

"9 and 3/4? Think you're being funny, don't you?" He asked as he walked away.

"It's the same, every year. Packed with muggles! Come on." A lady's voice rang into my ears from a distance.

I looked up to find a short plump lady with orange hair was walking with six orange haired children, and four of them had trolleys and trunks, just like myself.

"Muggles?" I questioned as I walked over to them.

"Charlie, Percy, you first." She said as the two eldest boys got a running start and ran into the barrier between platforms 9 and 10.

I dropped my jaw and widen my eyes. It seems that from the moment I met Hagrid my eyes have been doing nothing but widening and ready to just pop out of my skull. What's next, I wondered.

"Excuse me?" I spoke up.

Four children and the mother turned around.

"Do you think you could tell me how to...how to.."

"How to get onto the platform?" The lady chuckled, "Don't you worry now, it's Fred and George's first time too!" She said as she pointed to the two twin ginger boys, who smiled and nodded at me.

"Now, all you have to do, is walk straight through that wall, and don't worry about being nervous." She said.

I smiled a bit and nodded.

"Good luck." The two littlest children, one boy and one girl, said to me as I took a deep breath. I then started to run. Faster and closer. Until I was in another world.

When I opened her eyes, a large bright red train sat in front of me titled, The Hogwarts Express.

The atmosphere gave me butterflies. The whole idea that I was lucky enough to be able to be somewhere where the atmosphere is so bright and positive gave me butterflies, too.

I pushed the trolley through the large crowed and even smiled at a few fellow students.

"I'll take your bags for you." A friendly conductor said as he took my luggage.