LVII

It was the night of the Yule Ball and the Great Hall was all decorated. It was completely remodeled with circular glass tables and ice sculptures galore and Christmas trees that stood as talk as skyscrapers with lights and tinsel and the smell of Christmas food filled your nostrils.

In the common room, I was in my dorm room, alone, just about to open the package containing my dress.

"Hey, look at me dress!" Hazel squealed as she burst in and I quickly closed the box again.

Hazel held up a graceful soft pastel yellow colored dress with soft and settle ruffles on the bottom.

"Hazel...it's so..pretty! Oh, Hazel it's going to look so beautiful on you...hey..." She looked up.

"Who's taking you?"

Hazel bit her bottom lip.

"Trent," she admitted.

Wow, as if no one expected that to happen.

"So are you guys like,-"

"No! We are not dating! Just going as friends....who're you going with then?"

I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Wil? Who is it? I won't judge.."

"V-Viper asked me..."

Hazel's eyes widen and her mouth opened.

"Willow..! What are you doing..?"

"I know, I know, but he was and has been nice to me, so I figured-"

"You figured? Willow, It's Viper. When he leaves you and hurts you tonight, you'll regret it..."

I remained silent as Hazel walked into the bathroom, changed, came out, took a look at me, sighed, and walked out with her heels clunking on the wooden floor.

I picked up the dress, headed to the bathroom, and changed. How the dress fitted me...my curves were highlighted and the red sparkles dazzled. I fixed my hair by pulling it up into a clean twist, and I applied my makeup with red lipstick, light eyeshadow, and black mascara and eyeliner. I even put on my new crescent moon necklace. I slipped on my silver heels and walked out. I saw myself in the mirror and sighed.

"If only George could see me now..."

I finally made it to the top of the steps, where I spotted Viper. I bit my bottom lip and turned the corner, where he saw me walking down. He raised his eyebrows and smirked. I unknowingly smiled a bit as I approached him and he gently took my hand and kissed it.

"M'lady," he said as he told out his arm. I took it and smiled a bit as we entered.

I gasped and widen my eyes at the beautifully decorated hall.

"Wow..." I whispered.

"Where would you like to sit?" Viper asked.

"It doesn't matter," I said with the shake of the head as Viper led me to a nearby table.

"So," he broke the silence, "you look lovely,"

"Thank you,"

"I assume your gown costed a fortune,"

"No, not really,"

"Well, I must say, the dress is quite a compliment to your figure. The red really brings our your-"

"Hair? Skin complexion? I know..."

"No. I was gonna say character,"

"Character?"