XLII

When I left the classroom, I headed up to the Gryffindor common room to put my pictures in a safe place.

But as I walked the corridors, I couldn't help but have an eerie feeling.

Full moon.

Quiet night.

No one's really around.

But I quickly made my way up to the common room without any harm done to me or others and I walked into a full common room.

Everyone was talking and shouting and anxiously looking towards the door.

"Oi, oi! She's here!" A kid shouted as I stopped in my tracks with wide mint eyes and a frozen body as a swarm of my fellow housemates looked my way and crowded around me.

"Yeah, um, sorry, can I just- okay, um," I tried to squirm and wiggle my way through the herd.

Suddenly, I was pushed over by a solid force.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry Willow, where were you?" Hazel quickly spoke as she helped me up.

"Hazel, what's going on?"

"Come here," she quickly said as she guided me up the stairs and into the girls dormitory.

"Hazel, what was that all about?" I asked once again, pointing towards the staircase.

"You had us all worried SICK! Don't you know?"

"Know what?"

"Sirius Black! He's really here!"

I stared with furrowed eyebrows, then widen my eyes.

"Where's Harry, where's Harry?"

"We don't know! But Dumbledore announced it himself! Where were you?"

"I was with Remus just before for about an hour, and before that I was with Hagrid!"

"We all thought he got you! Killed you!" She nearly shouted.

"I'm fine, Hazel! Look! I'm right here!" I argued.

"The twins think you're dead! dead, Willow, dead!"

"Where are Fred and George?" I asked.

"They're," Hazel sniffed, "they're in their dorm. I'll go tell them the news." I nodded and left.

I sighed and closed my eyes. My hands were shaking. I walked to the window and looked out to the full moon and starry sky. Where was Harry? Was he okay?

I heard the door open slightly with the sound of a dragged out creak. I whipped my head around and saw the twins peeking in.

They opened the door and George quickly made his way to me and threw his arms around my neck.

"Where were you?" He whispered in my ear.

"I was with Remus and Hagrid today, George. I'm fine, love." I said as I hugged him back and kissed his cheek.

"W-we thought he killed you, Willow." Fred said with a stone face.

I pulled apart from George and hugged Fred.

"I'm fine. I'm right here, guys."

The door burst open and Trent, Seamus, Lee, and Dean burst in.

Trent stormed up to me, and to my complete surprise, slapped me right across the face.

"The bloody hell, Willow! You had-" he shouted.

I was in shock and stood like solid ice. No move. No word. No breath.