XI

After Herbology, I walked with George to the Great Hall for lunch.

"I'm telling you, Willow, you can't let Snape get to you like that!" George said.

"It's not Snape. It's me. I'm too emotional."

"No you're not. Snape thinks that he can ruin the lives of students he despises by making them think it's them." George said.

"Trust me. Charlie and Bill told Fred and I all kinda of stories. Charlie told me that one time, he accidentally knocked over a student's cauldron and it was full of a brew. He turned around and blamed the girl next to the kid who's cauldron got knocked over and Snape sent the girl to Dumbledore's office and Snape convinced Dumbledore of a week suspension!" George told.

"Are you serious?"

"Dead serious." George said as we entered the hall.

We took our seats at the corner of the back table and waited for Fred.

"Where do you think Fred is now?" I asked.

"No idea."

"I think I decided what position I'm going for in Quidditch."

"What?" He grinned.

"Chaser."

George grinned brighter.

I smiled and helped myself to a sandwich that was provided on a silver china plate.

"Hello, ladies." Fred said as he sat next to George.

"Hi Fred." George and I said in sync.

"Fred, Willow decided her Quidditch position." George said.

"And?" Fred grinned.

"Chaser." I repeated.

Fred raised his eyebrows and grinned.

"So, where were you while Willow and I were in dark arts?" Fred asked George.

"Transfiguration. McGonagall is just like Percy described her." George said.

"How?" I asked.

"Strict, yet a brilliant professor." George said.

"Where were you third class?" George asked Fred.

"Flying." Fred said.

"You were flying?" George and I asked in sync.

"Indeed I was! Madam Hootch is the professor. AND I found out when the first exam will be." Fred said.

"When?" George asked.

"Next week." Fred said.

"What did you have to do today?" I asked.

"Learn how to mount the broom and pick it up. The basics." Fred said.

"So in other words, we aren't actually flying today, are we?" George asked.

"No. Not really." Fred sighed.

"When do we?" I asked.

"We learn how to kick off tomorrow." Fred responded before taking a big bite out of his sandwich.

"Hey Willow," a kid by the name of Trent called, "you know, that took a lot of guts to stand up to Snape like that." He said as everyone else nodded in agreement.

"And just know that it isn't you. It's him. We all know it." Trent said.

"That's what I've been trying to get through her head, Trent. She's a tough cookie to crack." George said.