XXXVI

The next morning, some students were already awake and quietly chatting to one another. Unfortunately for me, I didn't slept. Not even an hour during the night. The cold hard floor was unimaginable and the slim sleeping bag wasn't enough warmth.

But I did have a lot of time to think.

Sirius Black must be after me. He could be teamed up with Bellatrix. But what did Harry have to do with this? If Sirius was after me, then why would he be after Harry also? Maybe Voldemort and Bellatrix both sent Sirius out. Of course! The note! "Two very important people"...
But what about the note sent to me back at the Leaky Cauldron? I didn't go on October first because George and Fred insisted I didn't go for my own safety.
"I've known you since you were born..." The note said. I couldn't take it. I had to know who that person was.

I rolled on my side and stared at sleeping George, his hand still intertwined with mine.

"George," I whispered.

I looked around and made sure no one was watching. I scooted closer to George and softly kissed his ear.

"George, wake up." I whispered softly.

He groaned but opened his eyes half way.

"Hmf? What?" He mumbled.

"Wake up."

"Why?" He groaned.

"Because I need to talk to you."

He mumbled and squeezed my hand.

"George, I'm serious. I need to know who wrote that note sent to me in the Leaky Cauldron."

This time, George sat up.

"I thought you weren't going to bother with that." He quietly said.

"At the time I wasn't. Now, I need to know because it just might solve something."

George stared in my eyes but gave a heavy huff.

I looked around and noticed that cups of orange juice were being served and plates of toast were being served.

I got up and grabbed a few pieces of toast and a cup of juice and walked back to George.

"Here," I handed him the food.

"Thank you." He replied with a bite out of the toast.

I looked around and saw that the majority of the students have awakened and were eating and chatting. I also looked around and noticed that the staff has now entered the hall.

I walked over to a tall man and tapped his shoulder.

"Excuse me, professor?"

He turned around and beamed.

"Ah, good morning Willow."

"Good morning professor."

"I'm terribly sorry for the sleeping conditions last night. The bags under your eyes tell me that you didn't get any sleep." He said.

"Oh. Yeah well, I've been thinking and I was wondering if I could speak to you?"

"Why of course! Come." He said as he placed a hand on my back and walked out of the hall.

"Professor Lupin, I thought we couldn't-"

"You're with a teacher, Willow. It's alright." He said as we walked out to the bridge in the front of the castle.

"Professor, i-is Sirius Black after me as well?"

"You see, Willow, that is the trouble. Dumbledore has been trying to figure that out since this whole thing even started. We do, however, know for a fact that he is after Harry."